Is it natural to not be attracted to your own race?

I'm Black (Non African american) and not attracted to black girls at all. I always have a strong preference for hispanic women but open to other races of women. Its not about skin color or anything but when I see black females, I can't help to the fact that I'm not attracted to them. I acknowledge sexy and attractive women from all races of women but there's something about black women that doesn't seem right. To me they out as strong and kinda masculine, and most of them don't have same thoughts and personality that I like. I also don't like when anyone tell me to stick to my own kind or "why don't you date black women?". Where in the rule book does it tell people to only date your own kind? But then again I can't help who am I attracted to. I can't picture dating nor sleeping with a black woman. Am I wrong make my decision?

Most Helpful Girl

• Preferences are perfectly natural, so long as you don't go outright pushing black women down, away, or mocking them or badmouthing them, you simply have a certain 'type' you're attracted to. You shouldn't feel bad for it, I'm Caucasian but find I'm most attracted to darker skinned people.

Genealogy can play a lot into who or what you're attracted to as well.

What Girls Said 10

• In a way it's a bit unnatural because typically we are attracted to people who have similar physical characteristics to ourselves.

I disagree with the person who believes you have internalized racism.
    I think you just have generalized an entire race of women. Stereotyping a large group based on previous experiences. Women of every color share similar and very difference physical appearances.
    I know you're not from Africa, but I have heard that people from rural areas there can instantly see a foreign African and know they are not from nearby. Same goes for Europe and Asia. Body shapes, and face characteristics can very so widely that I don't think it's actually possible to turn away from a whole group unless it's an internal mind set, i. e., your stereotyping of the colored female community.

You're not to blame. The stereotypes are drawn out everywhere in the media, and naturally, some people do follow them. I believe the best thing for you to try to get past that.

I have an African American friend whom people have called white because of the why he speaks and acts, and I truly find irritating. He just speaks proper English, and I don't believe that should have any correlation with skin color.

Do you feel that this may be an accurate assumption of yourself?

• No not at all, I'm the same way. I think that it is good to open your horizons to different races. And if others don't approve, it doesn't matter because you are making yourself happy :)

• I'm chinese and for most of my life I preferred men from other races because I thought chinese men were too sensitive to social expectations and I wanted somebody with my audacity and courage but now I think I want a chinese guy because I like eating chinese food and I think my kids would be better off if they were single race rather than mixed.

• I'd say it's not exactly normal, but okay. Personally, I haven't found a lot of black men that I'm attracted to and have the personality and intelectual level that I'm attracted to. Though I find many attractive, their personalities just don't do it for me. Most likely it could just be the black guys in my area though. I'd say the thing that I've noticed many black guys di though, is bash black women just because they aren't attracted to. That I don't agree with at all. I'd just say be with who you are attracted to and whoever has the qualities you look for in a woman, don't let ethnicity be a barrier.

• It's not weird to be attracted to people outside your race, but it is "weird" to be totally turned off by your own. That's called internalized racism. A lot of black people suffer from it.

• Like I said, its not about the skin color. Its their personality and culture that turns me off. There's beautiful women of all colors.

• There's a lot of hispanic men I know who don't like their own either. But no one says anything. So whats does that tell you? I just don't a black woman style at all.

• Black women are extremely diverse in personality, style, mannerisms, etc. so it's not that...

• Yes it's competely normal. Everyone has their own taste. People usually stick with their own race because of society

• I think it's just as normal to not be attracted to your race as it is normal to be attracted.

• Who cares
    It's a preference :)

• Everyone has their preferences on who they are attracted to. I don't understand why you don't like a certain race because black is only a skin color. There is a huge range of different looks between each race. You may have had some sort of bad experience with black women that has turned you off. Other than that, maybe you're subconsciously racist?

• I don't think it's necessarily unnatural but it isn't really natural either. I guess it doesn't really matter all that much since we are all human. I personally don't find all that many other races attractive though, I only think white and native guys are all that attractive... I'm not a racist or anything just what I like. So it just seems strange to me that you aren't attracted to people who are like you.

What Guys Said 4

• What's with so many black people on here not being attracted to their own race? I can understand not being attracted to a certain other race but how can one not be attracted to their own kind? That's just messed up if you ask me. Internalized racism for sure.

• Well in my experience black people who aren't attracted to their own race usually have some self hate issues and/or put other races on pedestals and believe that their lives will be better if they date interracially. I don't think there's nothing wrong with interracial dating as long a you don't seek out to date interracial because then it comes off like a fetish or something. If I meet a girl and she happens to be another race, then so be it. I date all races of women including my own.

• Ehhhh its kinda wrong to out a race but whatever, you like what you like. As long as you aren't an Uncle Ruckus, who cares. I personally think black women are beautiful but that attitude that most of them have on 24/7 has got to stop. That's why a lot of athletes go to white women when they hit it big to not deal with that shit. LMAO I KID I KID

• No dude not at all I would consider it normal. I'm not really attracted to my ethnicity either. I mostly like white girls and not because of skin color... well actually, I love pale girls but that's the only way I'm gonna get em.