Are Hispanic men more violent than other races?

My reason for asking, my coworker is Hondouran. He is an educated reasonable guy. We started discussing the 'what ifs' of our significant others cheating on us.
He quickly stated, if I found out my wife was cheating on me I would slowly cut her to apart with a knife so she can feel the pain she is putting me though. I am 100% loyal and expect her to be as well.
I was stunned and told him that is ridiculous.
If I caught my GF cheating, I would beat the man to a pulp, but would never physically hurt a woman.
So Latinos, is this mindset common in your culture?

Most Helpful Guy

• No they are not. Poverty is the major perpetuation of violence. I'm not sure of his current financial situation, but this comedic saying has truth "You can take the person out the hood, but you can't take the hood out the person" (Censored version for those "in the know").

What Girls Said 8

• I think he was just being... dramatic. I hope. I haven't encountered violent hispanic men. Most of the violent guys I know are either white or some type of south asian.

• I know that people get pissed at stereotypes but it seems to be accurate and true. There does seem to be a higher rate of violence among those men AND even the women when it comes to love gone wrong.

• Men like him give a bad reputation to the good Hispanic, americanized men. He's crazy and I hope his wife leaves his so called husband. You don't kill someone just because you got cheated on.

As for beating up the other man, why would you waste more time and energy on someone that never deserved your love? What if it was a situation, in which the guy had no idea you were the bf because she lied to him about being single?

If someone cheats on me, not only would I walk away but I think I would actually thank the woman for showing me who he really is and well she would now be his problem.

• A cheater is not worth getting an assault charge and spending time in jail.

• I agree, it's despicable behavior. However, in my experience, Latino men are more prone to act out in violence-just a generalization tho, I know many that are NOT like that.
      I respectfully disagree with your second point. I believe love is worth fighting for. If I caught a man in bed with my girl, he would be beaten. End of story. And it would be well worth the assault charges..

• It's just him as an individual that i would say, he's sick. He sounds like a psychotic freak. I hope his wife chops his penis off when he's asleep.

• my dick hurts right now. lol yes definitely a psycho..

• That one man reacts violently to a certain situation doesn't mean that the whole race would do the same.
    Also, why would you beat the man if your girlfriend is cheating? He has no responsibility towards you but your girlfriend does.

• Good point. Because I love my girlfriend, but not the guy she is messing around with. (Hypothetically) Also I would only assume he initiated and planned the rendezvous and it would fill me with a jealous fury, so someone would be suffering lol

• But it takes two to tango. Even if he initiated the whole thing, your girlfriend showed up which makes her equally wrong or more, since she is the one in a relationship. However I do understand your reaction. Since you love her you'll most likely fail to comprehend why she would ever do such a thing.
      Being in that situation, I would hate the girl he cheated with more than I should hate my boyfriend's sorry ass, lol.

• Yes, it is definitely wrong. I think my reaction would be, to immediately dump her. If I was married, it's different. Although cheating is a deeper betrayal in marriage, I have at that point commited to her for better or worse and would make every effort to make things work. I'm a hopeless romantic and believe that true love is worth fighting for.
      Lets hope and pray neither of us are ever in that situation!

• There are violent men in every race. I think Latino men just have a culture about protecting whats theirs.

• true, Latinos are more passionate all around, in my experience.

• I think black men are

• interesting. I think this is a stereotype most black men find disturbing.

• Just because he's crazy doesn't mean all Hispanic men are

What Guys Said 3

• My girlfriend is Puerto Rican, so her dad is as well, obviously. Super chill dude, and a well respected college professor, but it was made known to me early that he also owned a machete and would not hesitate to use it if I ever did his daughter dirty. Not all countries place the same value on human life, is all.

• Lol wow that would get my attention..

• Definitely did, haha. But again, its just cultural differences, I don't think you could say its in anyone's bloodlines or anything. Just depends where you grew up. There were these Cambodian kids in the town I went to college in that almost cut my buddy's arm clean off with a katana sword, and the same crew went at another kid's head that I later worked with, and they almost penetrated his skull with presumably the same sword. Kid had this bald stripe where the scar was. I got to know a few of the kids that knew/were related to the other Cambodian cats, and they showed me love, but these guys were definitely killers. But some of them grew up in prison camps and people just got murked right before their eyes, so how would you expect them to perceive it, you know?

• I don't think so, it's all relevant to where you were brought up. Non the less a very interesting topic.

• Yeah really bro? Go to Afghanistan then , come back and report how violent men are like