Would you agree to a date with a friend you weren't interested in?

Just what the title say. If a friend expressed interest in you and asked you on a date, would you say yes even if you weren't interested to avoid hurting their feelings? Would you say no even if you liked them to avoid risking the friendship? Or would you answer based on if you would actually be interested in dating them?

Most Helpful Girl

• Id probably go and then Id talk about a guy I liked so he'd get the message I wasn't interested in him.

• Do you think it would be easier to let them down on a date after giving them hope than just saying you're not interested from the start?

• It depends how you define a date. I hang out with guys and girls all the time. Those outing could be considered a date. So, thats why I said yes. If at some point when hanging out with someone you sense they like you more than just a friend, thats when Id just talk about someone else I like and then I can see their reaction (disappointed, engaged, aloof).

If someone isn't out right saying "hey I like you more than a friend" then its too presumptuous of me to assume they are into me. So, instead of assuming that, if you think they are into you but not sure, and you are not into them, then talk about someone else you like. This way they know you aren't interested in them.

I dont think you should let someone down who hasn't specifically said I like you more than a friend. I feel it needs to be explicitly said.

• I mean if a friend specifically asked you if you would like to go on a date with them, not just doing something together without specifying what it meant.

What Girls Said 3

• If i am not interested in the person, I won't date him

• I'd agree to it, never know what would happen unless you try :)

• no :p i would not i would still want to be friend tho :p

What Guys Said 2

• I'd only agree if I were drunk. Sometimes when I'm drunk I feel like I've been hit by a truck. But I couldn't do it while sober.

• That is why I made sure to ask her when she was sober (I may have had a little liquid courage on board) to try to get an honest answer and not just a drunk agree to anything

• Here's the problem with this shit. Once they develop feelings for you, it's fucking over. You can't. You just have to say sorry, I'm not attracted to you, I'm just your fricking pal here that nods when you talk.

• I hate those situations. Might as well give it a shot. It's ruined.

• Well I'm the one asked her. She agreed but it was kinda hard to read whether she really wanted to or if she just thought it was the right thing to do.