What speaks louder, actions or words? And what sticks with you the longest?

Go into detail if you'd like. I feel like a lot of people get too offended by one hurtful statement in a time of anger even when in the past there has been nothing but love.

i. e. X loves Y. X shows love to Y for a long time. X says something hurtful when angry. Y doesn't forgive.

• Actions
  • Words

Most Helpful Girl

• I think both, really though in that phrase it should note that context speaks the loudest.
    Like with words, when someone is talking to you and they give you insightful advice or they remember something you said from before and bring it up... it says a lot. It means they pay attention and they find you interesting. It shows a connection between the two of you. Actions can always mean a lot, like looking after someone when they're sick or just texting someone back quickly...
    But again it's all about context. Someone can buy you flowers (that's the action) but the context is what informs its weight. A guy buying a girl flowers because he likes her, or a guy buying a girl flowers to relieve his guilt at having accidentally run over her cat? Weird analogy but you get what i mean.

What Girls Said 17

• I actually believe both are very important
    “Your beliefs become your thoughts,
    Your thoughts become your words,
    Your words become your actions,
    Your actions become your habits,
    Your habits become your values,
    Your values become your destiny.”
    ― Mahatma Gandhi

• Although i believe actions speak louder than words, that foesnt mean that words dont hurt. This is why people should think before they speak. Words can affect a person in a way no one else understands. While actions show more i think words tend to stick more to people. I rely more on action things people actually do for you. Talk is cheap. Anyone can be good with words , but when it comes down to it , whoever shows it might just mean it more. Any one can say one thing but mean another.

• People dont notice me so my words dont really effect people but my action really effect people its louder in a way, but since I'm so sensitive words sticks with me the longest something can psychically happen to you and you can get over it vastly if you are being emotional but words will forever stay with you

• actions because words are easily said but actions have to be done physically (usually) which most people cannot be bothered to which shows that their words were nothing but words..

• It has always been actions and it will always stay...
    Words mean nothing... absolutely nothing.

• actions definitely speaks louder. it's just like when someone says they miss you, and you're like aww he misses me but in reality they never did anything to see you whatsoever. so how can you really be sure they "miss you"?

• I think actions speak louder because in the heat of an argument or disagreement, a lot of people will say things that they don't mean. People tend to think more carefully before completing an action.

• Actions. No brainer.

• Actions, anyone can say something but if they don't ACTUALLY do it then it means nothing in the end.

• Actions definitely. You can say something like I love you 10000000 times, if you don't show it through your actions it means nothing.

• Action. If a boy says he loves me then flirts with another girl then what does that tell me.

Hope I helped!

• I feel actions are more important, because there can be lies behind the words someone speaks.

• action because someone can say they love you and at the same time treat you like crap. words are just words and nothing else they are easily forgotten but the way you act says a lot and can do a lot

• Words are so easy to say. Actions take actual effort.
    Therefore, I see actions as more trustworthy.

• I am a sensitive person so words would more so stick and might cause me not to forgive or stay mad for a long period of time. Actions, yes I will get angry but not as angry I'd get over words.

• Words are the most hurtful.
    You could beat me up, and I would be fine when my body had healed. And you could call me fat, and I would cry for weeks, feel like the most disgusting human being on this earth, and probably start self harming again.

• SO say he loves me but is on a dating website and keeping in touch with a one night stand. Now he can't understand why I want to break upand don't trust him.

What Guys Said 3

• I say actions always speak louder than words, but whats in the heart matters the most

• It's hard to say but usually actions, words can be twisted around to deceive

• Words are cheap unless your actions proved your worth.