I like this guy who is younger than me. Do you think he may not pursue because I'm older?

I like a guy who is 2 years younger than me. I think he likes me (he's been showing some of the signs for a few years), but he hasn't deliberately expressed interest or anything. I'm wondering if he's afraid to show interest because I'm older than him? I'm 20 and he's 18. Before now, I haven't made a move because obviously an adult cannot date a minor. But he's been 18 for almost a year now and he hasn't asked me out or anything.

I want him to pursue me, but I think I may have to start the ball rolling because he's not doing it. Would it be starting off on the wrong note if I asked him out? I don't want this to be a relationship where I'm always pursuing him.

Do you think he would have asked me out by now if he truly liked me? Or do you think the age difference is holding him back? He is a shy introvert, so that may be a factor...

I've decided to ask him out and/or tell him I like him.
Does anyone have any advice on what I should say to him?
I may be getting his phone number soon. Should I arrange to meet and tell him in person, or could I tell him over the phone?
PS even though I'm 20, I look 16 years old. So I look 2 years younger than him even though I'm 2 years older.

Most Helpful Guy

• If anyone considers age a factor in a relationship (unless if it's 8 years apart) then they're obviously not mature enough to understand what love really is. Love isn't about how old the person is, it's about how beautiful their persona is to the other that they fall for.

I'm crushing on someone who is actually 3 years older than me. I've always had a thing for girls who are older and it's not because of their age, I just tend to like women who are haha. Well anyway, he might be a little shy or feels like he will be awkward with you. I say you do make a the move, there's nothing wrong with that.

Wish you the best of luck.

• You're right, love transcends age :)

Funny, I've always had a thing for guys a couple years younger than me. My family knows this too...

I've decided to make a move :)
      Now to figure out what to say... Or should I just simply say "I like you as more than a friend"?

• Yep :)

Hahaha I won't tell him those dreams for AGES because I don't wanna freak him out, of course!

• Yes that would put major pressure on him. That's be funny if when you guys work out and one day get married, you go back to your GaG account and show him this.

What Guys Said 6

• I say ask him out my wife is 12.5-13 years older then me an I am 49 she is 63 and we are going on 13 years of marriage this October

• Cool :)
      Congratulations!

• I do know where he lives :)
      What do you mean by "love is blind"?

• you will see soon enough

• Just say him that u think he is cute and a very nice person and meet him and tell him in person that would create more chance :)

• Ok I should tell him in person :)
      Once I've worked up to that point

• Are you kidding, you said "older" and are just 20, c´mmon..
    Seriously, most probably he is virgin. So he won´t do anything yet.
    You can beginning going out as friends first, you know bowling, cinemas, that kind of things.. =V

• Ok :)
      I feel like 2 years makes a difference when he's in the teenage years still...

• We, guys dont care about the age. Truste me.. =l

• Awesome!

• see what happens. chance it

• The girl I like is 2 years older than me (I'm 17, she's 19) so nope.. Go for it!

• Depends how old is he.

• When we met, he was 16 and I was 18. Now he is 18 and I am 20.

• Ok :)
      I was never going to make a move till he was an adult too...

What Girls Said 3

• 2 years isn't a age difference.
    But it's usually uncommon that women go for younger men.
    It's usually the other way around (guys going for younger girls).
    Express your interest to him.
    He probably thinks you don't like him because you are slightly older.
    Some girls view it that has awkward.
    Let him know you're fine with it, (don't even bring it up).
    Flirt with him, and tell him you'd like to go out with him sometime.

• Ok thanks, that's helpful :)

• I look younger than him so it won't look weird

• :) No problem. Glad I could help.

• Two years is nothing, bruh.

My boyfriend is 2 years younger as well. Our 3 year anniversary is going to be this coming Feb.

• Maybe men are superficial