Why do women find tall men more attractive than short men?

Is it because tall men is inherently more attractive or it's just the society pushes the idea that tall body is attractive.

Most Helpful Guy

• It is something just inherently common to female psychology. Before they enter romantic love, many times, young girls have something like a crush on a horse. It is because it is a big powerful animal. It seems to have the power to protect them.

But it is not really something to worry about, I think. Most girls might idealize height, but they are happy with someone about their size. For a tall girl, a guy could be shorter, I think. Even if a guy is pretty short, there are plenty of beautiful short woman.

What Girls Said 9

• I firmly believe heterosexual people are attracted to what makes the opposite sex different. It explains why men (for the most part) like small, petite, submissive, feminine women and why (for the most part) women are attractive to tall, strong, dominant, masculine men. We're attracted to the differences and those differences reinforce our own masculinity/feminity.

In an ideal world I would like a man to be tall and a big build because I'm very short and am tiny framed. It makes me feel feminine and protected. But all biological engineering aside, personality is what makes a man stand taller than most. I would happily date a short man if I liked him and his height wouldn't bother me in the slightest :)

• It's just an attraction, no real way to explain it. My ex was like 6'2-6'3 and my husband is 5'6 lol. I'm only 4'10.5 so as long as you're taller than me you're fine lol

• I don't find tall men attractive. I wouldn't be physically attracted to someone 6' or taller. I like average. I'm 5'3 so a guy who was around 5'8 would be ideal. But I would date a guy any height if I liked them enough.

• Guys find tall women attractive... That's why models are like feet tall and make more than people with real and important professions.

• For the same reason that men find short women more attractive. Would you date a girl that was 6 feet?

• No actually I would love to date the ones at 5'7-5'10". But I am only 5'6". Too short a girl, below 5'3" is quite unattractive to me

• A girl normally doesn't want to be with a guy shorter than her no matter what.

• having slept with a very very sexy short guy I don't see the validity in your question. Actually the tallest guy I slept with was definitively the least attractive.

• How tall are you and him?

• Okay what makes him better in bed? His cock is big?

• (actually it was)
      but that's beside the point. I just liked him better all around. He was interesting and we had good conversation whereas the tall guy was boring as hell.
      the short guy had a nice face and the tall guy was just kinda eh
      the short guy like the same things I did. I don't think the tall guy did.
      the short guy was very intelligent and debating with him was fun. the tall guy was not intelligent.
      the short guy was more fit. the tall guy was not fit.
      the short guy also generally was a better lover and the tall guy was not.

• Media. Just that media presents the fact that women generally look better with taller men?

What Guys Said 6

• Personally, I think it's because taller men appear inherently more masculine than short men. I mean I think that a guys who is 6' 3" or above and is muscular is a lot more intimidating than a guy who is 5' 7" or something and muscular, simply due to that weight difference. So the taller guy appears more "manly".

• And short guys are screwed haha

• It's just the way it is. Genetics, appearance, social pressure. Who cares? It's just a generalisation and that's all it is. Why would you want to live your life as just a statistic? There a plenty of ways for short people to be considered attractive, it's up to you to figure out what they are and apply it. In fact, being short can be a blessing in disguise - you are confronted with more logistic problems in early life but you learn more problem solving strategies that can help you overcome them to achieve greater happiness in life.

Point is, life is too short for this, just figure out what you want and go get it.

• Human Relations managers do, why wouldn't women?

www.psychologytoday.com/.../tall-people-get-paid-more

• Society pushes supermodels too. I think they're fugly with man-faces.

It's genetic preference.

• Survivor of the fittest my friend. What is Tattoo's (from Fantasy island) favorite M&Ms? Da plane da plane
    meh too young for that? Sorry

• They're just genetically superior in height. Height has many advantages.