Taller Women- Would you date a guy that was your height?

So I met this woman that I'm pretty into so far, but she's got to be my height, maybe even an inch or so taller. Now, personally I don't care at all. I think she's attractive, cool, etc. and that's all that matters to me. However, I wonder if that's an issue to her. We are both around 5'10-5'11 I would say (since we basically stand eye to eye to each other and I'm right around 5'10).

I guess I'm just wondering from others perspectives if this is an issue or not?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 6'1" and most guys are my height. My fiance is actually 6'4" but it would be fine if he was my height or even a bit shorter. I had to learn not to be picky regarding a man's height. There are not too many guys who are significantly taller than me. I don't think I'd want that either, anyways. There is more than a foot between my parents height-wise, my mom is 5'3" and my dad is 6'7" and sometimes I think it looks ridiculous, lol. Oh well, love knows no bounds I guess.

So yeah, I'd be fine dating a guy my height. It's not something I particularly care about. I doubt that she cares either. In fact, I think it's men who worry about this more than women do.

• I've read a few studies that suggested the opposite. But I am relieved to be hearing the opposite.

• The opposite - that girls only want guys who are much taller than they are? I have always seen that differently - that guys only want girls who are shorter than them, that maybe they would feel emasculated by a taller girlfriend. I know, it's terrible to say that, but it was a reassuring thought for all the years I spent single and not getting anywhere with guys I was interested in.

• Yeah they did a study and while 38 percent of men said they would be willing to date somebody taller, only 4 percent of women said they would date soembody shorter. Out of 720 couples selected, only one couple had a woman taller than the guy. It was pretty disheartening.

What Girls Said 6

• Personality matters more than height, obviously it would be annoying to not be able to wear heels out with a guy but these are the sacrifices you make for love haha. I doubt being the same height as your boyfriend is a massive turn off.

• I hope not. All I hear is how big a deal height is to women.

• Honestly, I always thought I would only like guys who are taller than be, but two out of the three people I've dated where actually my height or shorter than me, if you really like someone height doesn't matter! :)

• Well that's a little reassuring! haha

• I would, even though most men aren't 5'2 like myself I would still date them. Height isn't far too much of an issue for me. Besides, you two are the same height if anything that should be a bonus haha!

• I prefer guys my height. I don't have to reach up or down for a kiss. My boyfriend is my height exactly and we work perfectly.

• Some will, some won't. I'm 5'10 & my ideal height for a guy is like 6'2" but if he's about my height it isn't a big deal.

• Well that's good to hear. I often don't even bother approaching when we are similar height or if she's a little taller cause I just assume she won't even entertain the notion.

• going to have to from now on.

• Good boy. :) *pats head*

• I would date a guy who is close the same height or taller than me. I just don't like when they are a lot shorter since it seems odd to me.

• So about eye level isn't a big deal then? If anything like an inch or two taller than him?

• No probably not. (: Hopefully she feels the same way, besides I'm sure she's dated guys shorter than her before - she's tall for a girl. I'm 5'9 and feel massive compared to most girls I've meat so it probably wouldn't bother her.

• Yeah, I'm trying not to let my hopes get too high but it's hard. I knew her some months back as an acquaintance, talked after her class for 5 to 10 minutes like twice a week after her one class, but due to a stupid situation I didn't get her number. Thought I'd never see her again then there I was 8 months later having a drink with my buddies at this one bar and there she was walking by on the sidewalk. Me being slightly buzzed, it gave me the disregard to not care about going right up and saying her name, brief catch up then suggesting we hang out sometime and exchanged numbers.

So you know it's like I was pretty bummed out those months back when it felt like a missed opportunity, thus I feel myself getting my hopes up with this chance encounter haha

What Guys Said 0