Why are girls less physically affectionate than guys?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think girls are more into the touchy feely, lovey dovey thing. Girls for a fact love cuddling, holding hands and all that. But I think what you're trying to say is why do guys take the initiative to do that and we girls don't, the answer to that is because it's romantic for a guy to hug you from behind and give you a small kiss. And guys taking the first step to do all these things means they don't want only want you for sex whilst if a girl tried doing that to a guy they would automatically think she wants to have sex

• Hahaha, so true.

Every time I just want to be affectionate, my partner goes "Sexy times now, yes? :D"

• I am talking about when the two are already pretty close

• Then the girl is likely to take initiative sometimes

What Girls Said 12

• If you're referring to sex, then yes - a lot of women aren't as sexual.

But if you're talking about hugs and kisses, you couldn't be further from the truth.

Most women adore affection, but often times they'll refrain so as not to appear clingy.

I'm not super affectionate in public, but when we're alone - bring on the cuddles!

• lol well this is yet another generalisation which is extremely inaccurate. u cannot possibly hav a life experience and then come forth to the whole female race and blame us all for being the same. thats nonsense.

• I'm not really affectionate. Don't get me wrong, when I'm with someone I long to kiss them, cuddle with them, hold hands and all but since most of my relationships have been those kind of "trophy-girlfriend" relationship, I'm just not used being so affectionate towards someone. It's something I'm trying to work on though, but it takes time. I do want to do these things, just not all the time, it has its moments and I'm a pretty independent person so I need my space more than often.

• I'm not very affectionate because I'm just not into things like that all the time. I don't like hugging, kissing, and wanting to be next to someone all the time. I find clingy guys to be rather annoying. I'm just someone that needs my own space most of the time. I'm affectionate when I want to be though.

• I'm a very affectionate person but I hold back with guys because they usually automatically assume I'm trying to bang, so I've just turned off that part of myself. Nobody cares about normal affection from me they just want to fuck.

• when it comes to sex.. every woman is different

• SOME girls...
    I love physical contact. It makes me so "excited"

• I always thought it was the other way around but ok. I don't know then.

• You cannot generalize it like that. Yes, some girls are less physically affectionate than some guys, but there are some girls who are more physically affectionate than some guys.

• I've always thought girls to be more physically affectionate than guys. I feel like girls are more comfortable with touch than guys are in general. Maybe because the girls are always hugging each other it doesn't seem to mean as much when she hugs the guys.

In the bedroom, though, some girls are shy or worried so they hold back on some of the sexual stuff. Some of them may even be not very sexual to begin with. It all depends on the girl.

Can you clarify your question? How are girls less physically affectionate that guys? Can you show a couple of examples?

• Girls are physically affectionate if you're talking about hugs and cuddles.
    But if your definition of physical affection is sticking your dick somewhere, then yes girls are a bit less physically affectionate

• I am talking about hugs and cuddles. I rarely see girls kissing and hugging their BFs while I always see the opposite

• That's odd

• we aren't. we just like to be more classy about it, but once you get to the other side of her, you'll see how sexual she can be.

• I am talking about the sweet stuff like touchy feely and kissing and hugging and cuddling

What Guys Said 2

• Perhaps you met the wrong girls. That cannot be true.

• had a girl blow me the first time we hung out so thats not true