Guys - is it a dealbreaker if she brings up the idea of an open relationship?

Would you end it if she wanted an open relationship (sex with other men), technically, you could also have sex with other women, but being a man, you probably know that it's much easier for women to find attractive partners for casual sex than it is for men , so she'll be having a lot more sex than you

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. I find it quite irritating as well as depressing that as we evolve further into the future we are busy compartmentalizing everything. Earlier it used to be sex, relationship, marriage etc. Now we have 'hooking up', 'making out', 'fwb', 'booty call', 'open relationship' etc etc - our expertise as humans seems to complicate our own lives in the name of making it more defined and easy lol
    2. Call it whatever I won't mind or am all for a woman who wants to have casual sex with another man or woman
    3. I don't need her to describe what she does etc and if she does guess it's a closer bond between us
    4. This describes and depicts to me that we are close enough to share anything between each other
    5. I won't have a relationship with a woman who wants an open relationship as a barter so that I can have sex with other women - a relationship and love is not about barter for me
    6. I'd love the idea that she's happy and my happiness lies there
    7. End of the day she's with me isn't she? THAT matters!
    8. As long as she knows how to be safe I'll feel secure
    9. As long as any casual hook up, may it be hers or mine doesn't land up to our door step, affect family or work life it's all in the game
    10. Ofcourse she'll probably have more sex than me lol so that's ok :)

What Guys Said 12

• Open relationship, what's that? Oh I get it you want the comfort of having a steady boyfriend in the wings while you go out and do whatever you want with whoever. Why not just be friends with benefits? This sounds very selfish to me and would never fly.

• Instant dealbreaker. It's just a means of cheating while not technically cheating. Proposing the idea obviously means she's not getting something she wants, at which point it's pretty much either accept an open relationship, get cheated on, or get dumped.

• For me? Yes, I just don't see the point in it.

• Yeah, personally loyalty and trust are requirements for me in a relationship and I just cannot see myself trusting her if we were in an open relationship.

• It's a deal breaker.

• Yes, I wouldn't date a girl who was into that. Even if she tried to make monogamy work after proposing the idea, it would be over.

• It would be for me. I'm not into that sort of thing.

• I think its better to be friends with benefits.. Or maybe not even that because if you notice someone always falls for the other in those types of relationships..

• I wouldn't bother dating her if she wanted an open relationship... it'd show me she isn't serious.

• I wouldn't touch her with a 10 ft pole even if I suspected it. Just the thought that some guy could have stuck his D!(# in her the night before grosses me out.

• She can go and have sex with any man she likes, but she can't come back to me.

If she wants to be mine, she is mine and I am hers completely.
    If she wants to be selfish and hurt me, well I hope that bitch will find what she is looking for, but we are done.

• immediate dealbreaker, i would just turn around and leave a girl like that, she definitely won't be having sex with me

What Girls Said 0