Did you ever meet someone who is perfect for you, you know it, they know it, but you two can't ever be due to circumstances?

There is a guy I'm friends with at work. He's smart, funny, sensitive, and so attractive. From the first time I talked to him I thought he was awesome, we were fast friends. Our friendship has grown over the months. Sometimes we have lunch together just chatting about stuff. It's weird I'll be singing a song and he'll start singing with me. We complete the other's sentences and are always Cracking each other up. We talk about really personal things that are going on in our lives. And I just feel naturally connected to him, it's like so easy. There are times where he looks at me so lovingly and it makes me sad. And I know he's sad too in a way because even though we've never talked about it I know he is thinking the same as me. That we will never be together.
He has a girlfriend and a baby girl who he loves to death. We were out on break one day a few months ago and he said "I love my girl, she gave me a beautiful daughter, but we are so Different and have nothing in common, like at all. I only knew her for 2 months before I got her pregnant. I know we wouldn't be together otherwise. Sometimes I wish I were single again, but I don't want to miss anything in my daughter's life. Should I have waited to meet someone more compatible?" so I said "Idk but you love being a father so try not to have regrets." even though I wanted to say "yes you should have waited for me." He kinda shrugged, looked at me and said "I guess you're right."
It really sucks to have your soulmate right in front of you every day but you can't even touch him or Tell him how you feel because it would be so wrong to tempt him. Sometimes I just avoid him but inevitably we Run into eachother and start talking again since we work in the same building.

So you ever been in a situation where you met someone perfect for you but the time is just wrong?

Tonight on break I said "when you try hard, that's when you die hard" in a conversation about healthy living. He said "that line is in my favorite Kanye song!" I said "yeah, mine too." Another thing we have in common. Yay. We both sighed. FML

Most Helpful Girl

• If you guys are meant to be together, it will happen at some point. This scenario has happened before, more notably with Paul Newman and Tom Hanks.
    Unfortunately, things are complicated because he didn't wait.

To answer your question, yes. Met a guy I clicked with but circumstances were wrong. C'est la vie. If it's meant to happen it will.

• I've been thinking about this a bit more and I think that if you're not meant to be with THAT person, you meet them so that you know what you're searching for does in fact exist. I don't know about you, but before I met my guy I kind of started to believe that I would never meet someone who would understand me and I'd be stuck settling. After meeting him, it provided me with faith that what I'm after is out there. I just need to be patient.

What Guys Said 2

• ha ha EXACTLY the same situation I have been in lol

Yes it's very much happened to me for a fact and I love her with every breath and beat even today but we can't ever be together for the same reasons lol

She went ahead and married a guy who looks similar to me at least the way he sports a goatee and skin color :) guess he reminds her of me but I am not getting into that not now, not ever. There's no way I'd want her to be unhappy so that she comes to me :)

• Yes, she is my soulmate and married with child.

I can never have her and if I don't find a girlfriend this year, die or her husband dies, I will study Medicine and create a killer virus.

If God hates me so much as to create me, I will show the same "love" to all other humans.

You have 30 years, enjoy your life.

What Girls Said 2

• I've had a guy in my life who i clicked with easily, and yet he was unavailable. Timing is a bitch. It sucked for a while, until i cleared my head, got on with it (cause you never know what someones like until you live with them, you know) and met my current boyfriend. We are different, but that's kinda what i enjoy most about us. And he has certain qualities, like he is so considerate and just aware of the little things... such a gentleman:) It's not ever been as easy as it was with that other guy, but he's funnier in different ways and the things he does are meaningful in different ways too.
    I guess all I'm trying to say is, if it's meant to be it will be. But you have to be open to something different.

• Thanks I appreciate your answer, I try my best to be open to other guys. I am seeing someone actually but I don't know it's tough I feel like love is a pointless endeavor for me.

• Yeah it can feel that way, especially if you have strong feelings for this guy. Sometimes it takes a long time to get over something that never even started.

• I don't know about a perfect match, but I know about a possible good match.
    I have recently met someone, whom, like you, I click with in all the ways you have described. In addition, I think we connect intellectually and also spiritually. He is married with children, and unfortunately it's about timing, we met simply at the wrong time. When I think about it, my heart aches.