Ladies do looks matter as much as we guys think?

Now I know obviously there has to be SOME kind of physical attraction. But I've seen some fairly average to even ugly dudes that have fairly attractive girlfriends. And no these dudes weren't rich or "got a huge cock" (that part I don't actually know. Just assuming). I mean like I work at a retail store and this dude came in yesterday that was straight up so drunk and high that I'm pretty sure he was on another planet and he's been in jail before too. But he said he's got 3 sons. I'm like "why the fuck are girls attractet to you?" Maybe because he's a a "bad boy" but that dude didn't look that good and he walks around sagging his pants and looking like he's high.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sure for some girls looks are a lot more important but for me, looks aren't even that close to the top of my priority list. I've had some really bad experiences with men in my past and I'm just looking for a companion and someone I can spend my time with and who can make me happy. Attraction helps yes but with my previous boyfriends I've been friends with them first and the attraction has been built along the way. I know some people might disagree but I don't always need an overload of initial attraction, I tend to grow into people and grow to find them attractive, although there has to be at least one or two things I like about them physically to begin with.
    I also don't have a very high sex drive so I tend to value other qualities a lot more. His personality is the most important thing: common interested, sense of humour, kindness, reliability, loyalty etc. Looks are secondary for me :)

• Damn... if every girl was like you, the world would be a much better place hahaha

• Aww lol thank you, although I'm sure some guys would disagree on the sex drive front! lol ;)

• Lol I don't see that as a bad thing. I'm trying to date a girl because I want a relationship with her and get to know her and get to know her as a person. Sure sex would be great but I'm not looking for a fuck buddy.

What Girls Said 6

• It depends on the girl. Usually if there is SOME attraction, then the vibe, chemistry, and personality will take care of the rest. The bad boy vibe probably does cause some girls to feel the attraction despite his looks. Some girls also care less about looks and chemistry than others, caring more about the companionship and friendship. I'm of the group that does admittedly care a decent amount about looks, I'm pretty visual, and a lot about chemistry and attraction. The physical side is just as important to me in a romantic relationship as the companionship side. However, not all of the guys I've dated would be considered *hot* by all women, so physical attraction is very subjective.

• To put it simply, looks are a first impression. Personality is very important, but so is attraction. Like you've pointed out, there has to be some kind of physical attraction. An amazing personality will bump a 5 to a 10. A bad personality will plummet a 10 to a 3. But it (usually) won't make us fall in love with a 2. So looks do matter but they're not the only thing that matters.

Also that guy probably doesn't know what a condom is.

• Another thing you have to consider is that there are a lot of really unattractive girls in the world. A not-so-great guy can easily have 3 kids if he finds the right kind of girl with low self esteem. For those girls, any attention is better than no attention. Also, the bad boy thing goes a long way with some girls.

• Yeah, I think looks matter a but less to girls when finding a mate than guys. My boyfriend isn't a super model for sure, but he's a great person. Girls look for more things than a lot of guys do as in talent, financial stability, etc. I'd say there are more items on our checklist that have less to do with appearances. Hence why some guys that are not everyone's idea of attractive, sometimes get great looking girls.

• maybe he is not like that when he courted the girl but the girl choose to stay cause she already fall for the person. and in reality it's really hard to follow the "mind". :)

• He has to look decent but personality is the first thing I look at x

What Guys Said 0