What happens when you block someone on Tinder?

I noticed today that the guy I'm dating (and met on Tinder) is no longer listed in my matches. I casually asked him whether he blocked me and he said that he deleted the whole thing yesterday. Is there a way to tell whether he is telling the truth or if he just blocked me? Tinder - blocked me or deleted app?

Most Helpful Guy

• Create a fake Facebook account, sign up to tinder, and search for just his age and distance radious, if he shows up then he lied, if not, you're good :)

• I ended up deleting my account and activating it again, and sure enough - he showed up within like the first 10 people... so I confronted him and he promises that he deleted Tinder off his phone, but not his ipad, so it must have resynced or something. Is it possible that his ipad made his account reappear after he removed it from his phone and lost all his matches? Sounds fishy..

• Not sure. Once you deactivate your account, it should deactivate it completely. Could just ask to see how many matches he had.

• True, thanks a lot !

Most Helpful Girl

• I get that a lot from guys i set up a date on Tinder from. Think they tell you they deleted Tinder, to give you that feeling of "I found the one", I dont need to swipe anymore, when actually they just unmatch you/block you and keep tindering without you knowing or giving them crap about it. Its actually a genius move of killing two birds with one stone. First I was buying into it but then became too common. On the other hand I wouldn't freak out so much about him getting rid of you on Tinder. I used to unmatch guys I started seeing and liked a lot, because I didn't want to see them Tindering and getting my mind unnecesarily worked up every time I see he was on. Because him being online doesn't meen he's searching further, he could just be killing time or what ever, kind of what I do on Tinder when Im bored during lunch or whatever, even tho im seeing a guy I really like at that moment. Makes sense?

• I actually deleted mine for real. The reason is the same as yours. I do see her going on Tinder time to time, and she already told me what she's doing on Tinder, but just like you, I start to wonder and freak out everytime she's on. What is she really doing? what if she is looking for someone else? What if she unmatch me?
      I figured worrying doesn't help anything but only poison my feelings toward her, and also I'm sure she is "the one." so I decided to go ahead and remove my tinder although I paid $9.99 for the subscription ;_;
      I didn't tell her anything about it yet though.

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 12

• The only way you could find out if he deleted the account would be for you to delete your account, then go back on to it. This resets everything. Anyone that had you blocked, you will be unblocked.
    When I first started dating I used POF and Tinder. Overall I find they are both the best things to use for online dates. I have had equal number of dates from each of those... and 2 from Match. Match sucks.. stay away...

but since I will only go out with 1 woman at a time... what I would do it once I set a date I would delete the profile on Tinder. Then if it didn't work out, or after 2 or 3 dates and we stopped seeing each other, I would remake the profile. Well after like 4 or 5 times that got real old.

So what I do now is basically I don't open the app once I get to the dating stage. Usually once you start chatting with someone it moves quickly to just texting on your phone since it is way easier then using the app and you can block people on your phone anyway. so then if everything falls apart, I just open the app and continue from where I left off. However, if I want to have my choice of all the women I may have said no to the first time, I will delete the profile and "reset" it.

So either Find a friend and have her set her parameters to match yours so he would come up... or delete your account and start again. Keep in mind you have to delete the account, not just delete the app.

• You'd have to basically make a new account and see if you can find his profile by luck.

• You flush them into the abyss...

upload.wikimedia.org/.../Flushing_toilet.jpg

• dont care it

• i've removed tinder before.

• Seriously don't investigate that kind of thing you are just digging up trouble for yourself however, if you are bored and want something interesting to happen you could confront him and tell him he's a lair. Internet apps like Tinder are very unreliable so trust the man not the app.

• there's no way he deleted tinder I'm sorry to say... no guy deletes tinder...

• thanks for making me feel that much better about it :p

• HAHA sorry... I don't even have Tinder, because i see how addicted every guy is and i know if i got it id end up getting aids or something... my mates live on tinder...

honestly though, if a guy is on tinder he just wants sex id say

• Blocked

• i think he unmatched you probably

• What is Tinder?

• It's an app that is available on some phones that people use to meet up and date. It finds people in your area and brings up photos they post and you basically like or dislike them and if they do the same it lets you message each other.

• If someone is in your matches then dissappears does it mean they unmatched you? Or does it happen Automatically?

• Must have done some pretty serious shit to get blocked ahahahah

• fuunnnyyy... we haven't communication on there since we met, so *if* he blocked me, it's only because he doesn't want me to see that he's on there 24/7. but he claims he wants a break from there. who knows!!!

What Girls Said 2

• Believe me, he is lying. He unmatched you, how can he just tell you 'oh yea, I delete you". If you still not sure, just wait and see if he ask you out or not, if he does, it's ok; if not, you just move on

• May I ask why you care?