Do you go after someone you know you can't have vs someone who you know likes you?

like every other college guy i have girls that flirt with them and are touchy and as far as I know like me. I've been told by their friends in the dorms. But their is one girl I was literally obsessed with and she flirted lightly but was shy and I ended up chasing her for my whole first year of college and she ended up shooting me down 3 times. Yes I let the same girl shoot me down 3 times lol. The problem is I'm still obsessed with her even though I haven't seen her all summer. She has a bf and she is still the only girl I want.

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay, if your obsessed with her, and you know she is the one than go for it. But, she probably has shot you down 3 times already because your acting desperate and needy, no girl is attracted to that. You have to act normal and like you don't car in the OUTSIDE. I know exactly what you mean because I have been in the same boat as you. There was a guy that was so obsessed with me that every single he left romantic notes in my locker, bought me flowers 3 times a week, and has asked my to be his girlfriend and only his. I kept rejecting him, and he didn't stop until one day he noticed that I'm not attracted to guys who act needy and stuff. I have to admit I did have feelings for him also, he was the popular jock and hopeless romantic in college. Still he is obsessed with me and sends little sex texts and calls me almost 6 times or more a day. Anywho, what I'm trying to say is that no girl likes guy's who act needy and desperate. You have to act like you don' care for her anymore, even though you do. Flirt with other girl's in front of her, and ignore her, act like she does not exist, it has worked!!! Always Remember, NO GIRL LIKES NEEDY AND DESPERATE GUYS!!!

• See I never was desperste when she shot me down I backed off each time for a little. Then she would flirt and talk to me again so I tried again. It was a cycle of I got rejected back off but she kept talking to me again so I gave it a month and tried again. The last month of the semester I literally gave her the cold shoulder and she kept locking eyes with me. Its like she wanted me to try again but I didn't fall for it. After all of this I liked her even if I was ignoring her.

• I'm not changing I'm going to be the same dumb fun loving college kid I've been. No need to be serious for one person.

• Exactly, on't talk to her, girl's like that aren't worth it, you'll find a lot of other girl's that are worth it, and love you, and you'll be obsessed with them to, and one day marry them, and probably have kids if you want.

What Girls Said 4

• Id go for the ones that do like me. I wouldn't want to go for someone that can't see my self worth and how I am a great person. Even more so if there dating and I really like them (yes it has happen to me) even tho I like them I leave them be. I have respect for there relationship and wouldn't want to ruin there happieness. But if it doesn't work out and I happen to be signle still I go get to know them and see if I can be more. But Id pick the guys that are single and like me.

• Exactly I'm waiting out lol I can't get over her.

• This has never happened to me before I am usually good at moving on but this is different. Thanks for answering

• No problem. Just do what best for you. That all you can do.

• Usually guys find it more intimidating that the one girl that doesn't want them back. They want to know why so keeps chasing after her. But this sounds a little different you really like her. I don't think it has to do whether you can't get her. Try taking to her again! Get back into each others live and go after her :)

• I'll see her in a month when we go back. She dumped the guy but they still are friends with benefits I think so idk. We kept locking eyes and there was something about her.

• She was to shy around me and I felt like she just wanted me gone. I don't think she liked me.

• You can message me if you want! But don't be shy! When you see her next time go after her. She might not think you like her anymore since it has been so long since you two have interacted. Make small hints to her again and if she starts giving small signs back to you ask her out!

• Only go after the ones you really like. Don't go for someone just because they like you and you can't get the one you want.

• She has a bf. that's all you need to know

• She had a bf for a week and it was last week she was single when I liked her.

• She's single now actually but I haven't talked to her in 2 months but still like her and am not getting rejected again.

What Guys Said 1

• I only go after the ones who show interest in me. Honestly enough, girls who I think are way out of my league end up talking to me. I wouldn't go after someone who I personally couldn't see myself with.