Are background checks offensive?

I am considering doing background checks on guys I start to get serious with especially after
A few ended being married or having criminal records. Would you be offended if someond did a background check on you? Girls or guys welcome to answer...

Most Helpful Guy

• i would welcome it because i have nothing to hide, infact i think more girls should perform background checks to make sure they are getting in a relationship with someone who does drugs or steal cars or have beat up their previous girlfriends, be safe!

What Guys Said 11

• I wouldn't be offended at all. A person with nothing to hide wouldn't give a shit.

• if you don't know them at all than maybe not , if there from like a dating site or random than it be ok but. I wouldn't tell them you checked them out.
    I mean if you don't know them at all nothing wrong with trying to find out a bit more about them or making sure what they said was true

• I wouldn't be offended, but it would be close to a deal breaker. I'm not sure I'd want to deal with someone that untrusting and suspicious.

• If you have nothing to hide then why? Would you agree to an STD test before a girl has sex wth you?

• I already answered the first question, because it's very untrusting and suspicious. I just wouldn't want to deal with someone like that.

As to the second question, an STD test might be something I'd do. The difference between the two is just a matter of odds. Also, you can get to know a person by personality and habits, but a person could have an STD without even knowing it them self.

• Nope, i totally agree with you and highly support your idea

• Mine would be a short read.

• It's a little scary, but it's pragmatic. I usually just intuit from conversations I have with people to determine their behaviour and beliefs.

• I didn't know about offended, but I would definitely think she has trust issues. Who's to say if we start dating I'm not going to end up with a private investigator following me around to confirm I'm being faithful.

• I would feel a little hurt she asked, but I would get it.

• Even though I'm a nice guy without a bad background I would feel that the girl was really uptight and would kinda be turned off a little.

• I understand your motive but is seems a little creepy to me.

• i dont think its offensive. but its slightly creepy i think. it would also make me wonder what kinda guys she's been hanging out with that she feels the need to start doing this

• I hang out with normal people but even 9-5 suited up guys can be married and have criminal records. Not all jailbirds look how you think.

• a background check won't tell you whether someones in a non-marriage relationship tho. generally cheaters are pretty easy to tell

and generally i can tell whos likely to be a criminal. i wouldn't want to be with a person like that even if they dont have a criminal record yet.

• Wow pretty impressive you can tell a criminal. Hope you are never tricked. White collar crime is still criminal behavior. I have known men to have wives in diff states and gf they keep on the dl. Even dudes who are gay on the DL. If you live long as I have you will see...

What Girls Said 1

• I would be highly offended, one because it would make me feel like I'm not worthy of that person's trust. And two, because what I did in the past deserves to stay in the past.