Hot girls have it easier than hot guys, but ugly girls have it harder than ugly guys?

So I always see people argue about who has it harder in the dating world, girls or guys. I was thinking and I believe hot girls have it much easier than hot guys, but ugly guys also have it easier than ugly girls. I rather explain this through discussion here, rather than explaining why I believe this right here (especially because I GTG in a few minutes and it might take me a while to explain). Do you agree with this theory? Why or why not?

• Do you agree?
  • Disagree?
  • Other?(Explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• Its scientifically proven that attractive peoples life's are slightly easier, whether male or female. Good looking people are more likely to get hired, to be liked, get free things, get help when stranded etc

So, attractive Men and women will have it easier in the dating world. Im not too sure women have it easier than men in dating.. but they probably have a slight advantage over attractive men. There are too many factors to consider, a few being: confidence level, celebrity status, height, weight, personality etc

For the people with a face only a mother can love, life can be hard, especially in the dating world. More likely than none these people need to over achieve to get noticed. They need to be really funny, higher education helps, being a celebrity helps, having a great personality etc.

Since society puts a lot of pressure on women to look good, I think in dating, an unattractive woman will have a harder time than an unattractive male. I also think there are slightly more men that want an attractive person to date, where as women will date an uglier guy if he has other things going for himself because in her eyes that makes him attractive though most other women would think he is ugly.

For example, a girl goes on a date with a guy, finds him unattractive. She goes home and doesn't want to see him again. Her friend says hey give him another shot, so she does. She sees him again, they talk, she gets to know more about him... maybe he kisses her and she is hooked. She now has changed her mind because his personality and other endearing qualities have emerged because she gave him a chance. She also felt a connection when they kissed.

On the flip side from the time a guy meets a girl he knows if he is into her or not. If he isn't attracted to her there is no way he will date her. He might sleep with her but won't dater her... even if she has an awesome personality. Of course there are always exceptions.

• Agreed! You explained my theory better than I could have. Very possible "most helpful" :)

• your example of the date thing, i never found my exbf attractive when i first saw him. but after our first date, i found him 10x more attractive cause of his personality etc etc. so yeah feelings make the other person a lot more attractive

• I think a lot of relationships that actually turned into lasting ones were when the woman though the guy was unattractive. But then something changed XD

What Girls Said 14

• I think girls in general have it harder than guys.

Guys are easily distracted by other things. You can easily focus on other things such as video games. Not everything in your lives revolve around men.

Girls aren't easily distracted. We obsess over our relationships. Everything in our lives revolves around men (gettings our nails done, our hair done, shopping) all of those things have to do with our appearances. How we are presented to MEN.

WE want to get married yet it is always us who are just WAITING. If a man chooses to get married he has many options. It's always up to him. Even in today's day and age where more girls are asking men out, but now because of that, those men who are used to having women take the lead have become more full of shit and act like assholes cus they think they're The Shit.

It's tougher being a girl than it is being a guy.

We're pressured into having babies younger. We're considered damaged goods but lots of men earlier.

Like come on you can't compare a girl's life to a guy's life.

• There are cons to both genders, you obviously have TREMENDOUS difficulty seeing through other people's perspective. Also, many things you speak about aren't 100% true at all.

• It's mostly true really.

• he's probably just too young to understand. He'll learn when he gets older.

• I think happy, emotionally healthy and positive people do the best in the dating world.

I know hot people of both sexes who are miserable and end up in shitty relationships (with other hot people) and even male slurs who are depressed by the lack of love they feel.

And I know some ugly ass people and real weirdos who meet and fall in love and seem genuinely blissful.

When it comes to getting a partner at all. Looks just seem to filter the looks of who you find, mostly. Social skills are a bigger breaking point, however. Yet these don't seem to be total deal breakers.

When it comes to quality of relationships and satisfaction, emotional health seems to be the real key.

• I think guys in general have it easier than girls. We live in a highly superficial world now where guys want hot girls with a small waist, big boobs and a nice butt. Where girls want a good looking guy or a rich guy ( That doesn't have to be good looking). Girls basically look for security, not all guys do. I'm not saying anything against guys because it is hard for guys good looking and not, but it's harder for girls. I hoped this helped!

• I disagree, but ok. I'll still stick with my theory that it's easiest for hot girls, but hardest for ugly girls.

• Yes. But it's almost redundant to say that's what men lile when the proof is in the (historical) pudding. I don't even see how it's a problem that guys like beautiful faces and hourglass figures. Its easy to see why most men would pick Adriana Lima over Rosie O'Donnel.

• As I said in my response. I'm not saying all guys are like that, and secondly I don't have a problem with it. I don't know where you got that on an opinion based answer. I know guys that would rather be with girls that make them laugh rather than a girl with a hot bod. Some get lucky and get both.

• Yes, I completely agree.
    I would say average girls have it the best also.

• *When it comes to having experience about men.

• I don't know at my school all the hot girls have BF's, most average girls don't. Guess highschool guys are just tenacious lol

• Yes, that's probably why. Though it depends, because the really stunningly beautiful girls usually scare a lot of the boys away except for the random players. For them beauty is a curse. A cute girl won't have that problem on average.

• Depends what you're looking for. If it's substantial and not just a fling, guys absolutely have it easier. Most girls want a real relationship whereas most guys want to hook up. So if a man is looking for a real relationship the vast majority of girls will be okay filling that role, but if a girl is looking for one she's more likely to end up used. So really, it depends on what you define "easy" as

• That is so true.

• yeah but that's the vibe you kind of get. Wait I just realized something... we've talked before haven't we?

• Ya we have lol! And trust me, most guys want a relationship. I'm a teen and don't know any guys who go around jumping from girl to girl just to get laid. I know guys who act like that because they want to seem hard, but most of those guys don't get girls anyways. It could be different wherever you're at though.

• Ehh not really because some guys are intimidated by hot girls and even if that's the case with a hot guy, most likely he'll approach. I hot girl won't because she thinks she's too good to resort to approaching guys or feels like its the guys job

An ugly guy has a better chance because he'll at least try approaching or work on having a hot body... Plus there's more women in the world than men

• Hot people have it easier in general
    UNLESS
    they're awkward/unfriendly or have a strange quality or are just plain crazy

Other people who have it easier regardless of good looks are people who have a charming personality

• Your statement is quite true.

• i feel like ugly guys have it easier because mainly girls look for personality.

• A lot of guys get intimidated by hot girls and most guys will pretty much bang anything walks, meaning that less attractive girls still have a pretty good chance. I definitely think less attractive guys have the hardest time.

• Most guys I know would rather have nothing than to get laid with an ugly chick. Hot girls always get the guys, at least where I live.

• I don't know, I'm in college and most guys here say that ugly girl sex is better than no sex. Then again these are also the guys that won't talk to a girl if she's too attractive because it would take to long to convince her to go home with them.

• Not true.. not matter how ugly a girl is, she still has a vagina and guys love vagina way more than girls will ever love penis.. Also, there are guys who have fetishes for literally everything..

e. g. she's fat --> she could date a guy who likes BBW
    she's hairy, she has a big nose, she has a manly face, yep there are guys who have fetishes for that

• hot guys have it the best, they are just hot, no makeup, aging doesn, t effect their looks half as much.

• Hot guys don't get girls as easily as hot girls get guys. Hot guys have to compete with average, and ugly guys, while hot girls can basically snag any guy they want.

• Yes i agree with that! What i have notices for my age group especially is that females can become attracted to "ugly" guys because they have a great personality or potential. I think that guys are more visual and typically prefer girls who are physically attractive (which initially gets their attention) and then they grow to like the personality. This whole statement is of course a generalization an there are exceptions. But because of the above i think it would be harder for unattractive girls to get any attention

• Yes I agree haha the hot guys don't have it as easy as hot girls but ugly guys can make money and have a good life.

• Every hot girl in my school can get a guy so easy, but ugly girls literally never get guys. However, I see plenty of ugly dudes getting chicks, but not all "attractive" guys seem to get girls so easily.

• I guess it depends how big your school is.

What Guys Said 7

• I had to put "other" because there's different things here.

Hot girls have it easy. That's for sure. A hot girl denying this is just her being that self entitled, narcissistic, and spoiled. Hot guys will still have other things looked into that they won't necessarily look for themselves. Like many girls use dating as a tool to obtain personal gain from guys like as a means to get out of their parents house without having to pay rent. I literally see this with guys I know. One guy I know is letting his girlfriend "live" there for the most part and is doing her damn laundry and homework for her. Seriously...

As for ugly girls and guys... some ugly guys can still get rich and "buy a girlfriend." There is absolutely no doubt about that. Throw on a tux, a fancy watch and drive to a bar in an expensive car. Watch the girls get drawn to it all. If a girl did this, no guy would care as these guys at the bars want blowjobs and sex and could care less what the interior of the car was that they were getting it on in.

However, an ugly girl many guys will still hook up with, but they won't settle down with. We know how badly ugly guys want to get laid. So if he's not rich, he'll be getting neither. But the ugly guy won't settle for an ugly girl. But a girl will settle for an ugly guy if he's rich and that's all that matters to her.

So it really depends on the situation.

• My ugly mug is a huge advantage in sports. Forwards, midfielders, centers, and wings crumble from intimidation.

• I agree only because guys aren't expected to look good. as long as we aren't ugly we're okay.

• I absolutely believe it because I'm a good looking guy but I have no personality however I have a few friends that are girls who have good looks but kinda dull and boring like me and they get action all the time.

• Same. Well, kinda, I'm told I'm attractive by girls, but can never get a GF. Not because I have no personality though, proabbly just because I'm shy.

• Yes so true most honest thing I have heard all day.

• totally agree!

• I think its ugly guys. Girls might not think that being able to get sex isn't what its cracked up to be and a relationship is better, still being able to have some human affection its better than being completely alone and not getting anything at all. I also see plenty of fat and/or ugly women with boyfriends and husbands.