Should I tell my bf or is this not a big deal?

Over the weekend I hung out with some friends without my bf because he was away for the weekend. these are friends he's met and hung out before.

One friend in particular was very hands on with me. He repeatedly rubbed my back and put his arm around my shoulder, etc. I think he was just being friendly but the touching made me a bit uncomfortable. I tried to stay away from him by walking with other people.

Is this something I need to tell my bf or this is not a big deal?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes you should tell him Anonymous and I will tell you why. The general rule of thumb in these issues is always "better safe than sorry". Consider this: would you have your boyfriend find out through another source or would you prefer to cut the issue off and bury it? I have always (personally) practiced this and in following the direct and honest approach it allows for your partner to say to themselves "I can trust him/her" because they realize you will tell them if anything untoward takes place.

My opinion, you simply say "I need to be honest with you. I hung out with so & so and felt uncomfortable because so & so kept putting his hands on me. I am not trying to upset you or cause you to go after him but you are my boyfriend and deserve to know that while I handled it, it did happen and I don't want you thinking I ever held anything back from you." After that the issue is over. He will be pissed at the guy but will gain a ton of respect and trust in you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd let it go and just keep your distance from that guy... but if it happens again, or if he flirts with you, you gotta tell your boyfriend.

What Guys Said 3

• Rubbing on a woman is always a big deal if you don't want it.

Telling your boyfriend helps no one and there is nothing he can do, he is just a boyfriend.

• You don't need to tell your bf. Not yet at least. If the guy becomes more aggressive in your bf's absence, be a fucking woman and tell him to stop. You can handle your own business w/o your bf, right?

I mean, what do you expect your bf to do? Hunt him down and beat him up?

• tell your boyfriend and avoid him as much as possible, be safe, he could try to force you to do something.

What Girls Said 2

• if the guy were to try and kiss you or touch your boobs then you can tell him at the moment it seems like he's just being flirty and bfs tend to take that the wrong way and make a huge deal out of it. but if you feel the need to tell him tell him but its not that big a deal

• i dont think its a big deal