Should we try long distance or break up?

Okay, I have recently got together quite unexpactatly with a guy friend. We hung out one night when he told me he liked me as more then a friend, but he had been fighting the urge to tell me, because I am about to move away. I reciprocated his feelings which I told him and then we talked about how we wanted to proceed. He wasn't really sure about long distance relationships, because our age difference is seven years and he didn't want to tie me down. Besides, it is not that great to start a relationship as long distance. As long as I'm not away, we agreed to date, but I have noticed that he is fighting the urge to kiss me or hold my hand most of the time, although he clearly wants to. I think he probably thinks this will make things even harder. I really like him too, more then I liked anyone in a long time, and now I don't know what to do. Should we try long distance? I am going to live three hours away soon, but that's not that much, is it? And we already agreed to keep in touch, while I'm away, so I fear, if we break up and stay in contact, which we both really want to, then I am going to ask myself "what, if" all the time. So should we just give it a try and see how it works out? And if I decide I want to, what is the best way of telling him?

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel 'Three hours' is a stone's throw compared to----Half way around the world... This is my LDR story.
    Over three years ago, a man from Egypt found me on FB and fell in love with me. After getting to know him and his lovely family on Yahoo and Skype for several months, I then flew off to the magical land of Egypt, where I stayed with him for 30 days. Things went so well that I flew back again, three months later, where we ended up tying the knot in Cairo. After returning back to the states months later, we began experiencing many problems with our relationship. I blame myself for a lot of it. However, some of my problems Began out in Egypt when we were together, so to make a long story short, I may have indiscreetly 'retaliated' against him. But we are still together, although have find ourselves either breaking up, going back or---Taking a break from time to time.
    I always tell everyone when you are in a LDR that it takes two people to make this work. It takes a lot of effort and patience and compromise when in this sort of relationship, and of course, there are going to be a few problems. Many times it's insecurity...
    No, I don't feel those few hours apart are going to be That much of a problem. And if you sit down and have a long talk with him about This, then I am sure some agreement, some compromise can be made. This can be done, if worked hard enough at.
    Simply tell him you would like to 'Try' this out, that you don't want to lose 'touch' with him,. And maybe do Skype to keep things going even longer And stronger. Perhaps if he knows all of this, he will slowly start feeling more Secure with everything he is yearning to do. And always remember: Age is just a number, not a reminder.
    If it's meant to be, Old Mother Nature will sow the seeds needed to reap a good romance, no matter how far she has to spread them. Find out where this Might just take you. And if you didn't, you most likely would always be wondering----What if? All the time...

• Good luck... xx

• Thank you. This is really helpful. I will talk to him about this the next time I see him. Maybe this will help us to make final decision. Also, now that I think about it, I'm not sure wether he actually knows that it's only three hours away and not more... Besides, we don't even live in the same city now, so I guess it wouldn't make that much of a difference...

• I always say: Love will find a way... You certainly have My blessing... xx

What Guys Said 4

• If you both are willing to give it a try then do it, they do sometimes work, especially if both sides are all in, I really hope it works out for you! Definitely do not live life with regrets!

• I would break up. Me and my gf tried the long distance thing because I was on vacation with my grandparents, but after a month and a half, she tells me she doesn't have feelings for me anymore.

• Wait, she decided she didn't have feelings and broke up with you because you were away on holiday? ... I doubt she even had feelings in the first place lol

• Exactly. She said that we "never talk no more" but we would text every single day I was there. I feel like she got rid of me like a used Kleenex.

• Try long distance first, if it dosen't hold then break up. But don't give up before even trying.

• LDR CAN work, if you put the effort in. If you don't, it won't

What Girls Said 0