Date with a guy from Tinder, I think I look fatter IRL and really worried now?

I've been talking to a guy I originally matched with on Tinder. Now he wants to see me and we are going on a date. I'm worried I look fatter and not so pretty IRL, obviously I chose the best photos to Tinder... I don't know what to do? He seems really interested in me already.

Most Helpful Guy

• Since I started dating after my divorce I have had equal luck with Tinder and POF. com (2 on Match but Match sucks).
    unless you are talking 20lbs or more no guy will notice and most won't really care.
    if it is a lot of weight then of course you will take a person by surprise. it is best to let the person know they were old pics. but any tiny amount... under 20... who cares.

• Ok, if you're right he won't notice 4-5 pounds?

• I don't think anyone who would notice 4-5lbs. I can vary as much as 8 lbs in a day according to my scale.

What Guys Said 5

• just go on the date. i doubt he'll be a dick and just bail once he sees you. but for the future choose the "honest pictures". my friend went on a date with a girl from Tinder like 2 months ago and she looked good in the photos, angle shots of course, but he said she was chubs IRL so he only looked at her as a fuck buddy and they hooked up twice and she left:P that's it.

• Yeah, I just never thought I'd actually meet up with someone from there... Otherwise i'd have put more honest pictures. I'm 4-5 pounds less in the pics than now, they are from normal perspective though. I just still think i'm better looking there than IRL but im not sure... im quite self conscious always

• I think once you go on this date your self conscious will go up a lot. I can't imagine him being nothing but polite and he will probably like what he sees. what I said was just worst case scenario hahaa.

• Only person that is going to notice 4-5 pounds is you. Don't worry about it... enjoy yourself on the date.

On a semi-different note, what has been your take with Tinder so far? Good/bad experience etc

• I hope you're right... Tinder has been fine. I've talked more to a few guy who seem to want something else than just a lay... Just exploring it, not that much expectations. Do you have some experience? :)

• Depends what he's into. If it were me, and you were a bit chubbier than expected, I'd be cheering.

• tell him ur fat. maybe he says it's no problem. did he mention hating fat girls before?

• Im not fat but I weigh 4-5 pounds more now than in the pics (I wanna lose it anyway)

• just go for it, dress like you dress in a work free day and wait how things go. the guy has to fit you and not you the guy or whatever, if you are just phisically attracted to him but he is a ass.. then you can get out with sex at least. good luck

• Okay thanks :) :)

• I don't trust online dating... I wouldn't do it if I were you

What Girls Said 2

• I think you're just paranoid for the date. When you meet him just be sure to be wearing something you're confident in! Guys like confidence.

• You should start to work out or starve yourself then