Is this too much of an age difference?

So I met this girl the other day. She's 18 and is just about to START college in a month. I'm 21 turning 22 in 2 months and about to GRADUATE college in a month. Is that too much. The problem is that I'm a forward-looking person so I look towards marriage and I would like to be married in the next 3-4 years but I'm kinda fearful that if she and I do hit it off, she'll only be 21-22 by that time and her parents won't approve and also it'll be hard on her too. What do you guys think? Don't just think about the number. But the actual situation I mentioned.

• no it's not
  • yes it is

Most Helpful Girl

• Nah that's fine. I don't think it's a big difference. In a few years it will feel even less as you both get older. If she is also looking for a serious boyfriend then it shouldn't put her off either. I would have loved to date a older guy when I was 18 cause the guys my age were either immature, not ready to commit OR both.

What Girls Said 1

• 4 years is barely noticeable, especially when the couple have lots in common or are even just on the same level in life (meaning you are both just starting out in life).

What Guys Said 6

• the age difference is no problem but with your goals don't expect too much. depending on which university she goes to she is about to begin her experience of college life hahaa. if ya know what I mean. her perspective on life may change when she gets out. her experiences will change her. its better to play it safe for now.

• Not really, but I don't know how realistic it is to expect the relationship to last several years. Go for it and have fun.

• Why would you think 4 years to be a big difference when there are many couples who have a much larger age gap. My girlfriend is 13 years older than me. Why should it matter since you both are of legal age.

• I dated a 19 yr old being 23 and from experience i will tell you there will be challenges. Your patience might get tested by her maturity and actions. Good Luck! wish you the best

• Since she is 18 I don't see a problem, there is no reason why her parents wouldn't let you marry her eventually, it's hardly an age difference.

• I don't see a problem