I had sex with this girl on the first date and have no interest in seeing her again. Should I text her?

I met this girl through OkCupid and we went out for drinks last Friday afternoon. After a few (non-alcoholic) drinks we went back to my place and ended up having sex. The sex was nice, but I have no interest in seeing her again as her body wasn't really that attractive to me and I don't see any long-term potential.

I'm kinda wondering what the protocol is in this situation. I've gone on online dates before and normally when there was no click we would just not contact each other anymore, but obviously this time there was at least some sort of connection. Then again, she hasn't contacted me either so is it cool to just let it slide? This is the first time I ever had sex on the first date, so I don't really know how to handle it. I don't want to come across as a dick by ignoring her, but texting her just to say I don't want to see her again is also quite dickish... what to do?

Wow, the answers are the complete opposite from what I expected. Anyway, I decided to text her to let her know that casual sex wasn't going to work for me and that I wasn't ready for something long-term. She seemed to appreciate it and felt the same.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think is it douche-bag move to not say something and simply ignore her. I think you should be a stand up guy and simply tell her the truth. Tell her you had a good time, the sex was nice, but you didn't get a spark or feel a connection with her. Tell her you honestly tried, but you are just not attracted to her enough to continue. Tell her you thought she deserved to know so she doesn't waste her time wondering. No hard feelings!

What Girls Said 8

• If you're not interested then don't text her! That gives her mixed signals and she'll assume that you are interested.

• Just let it go and if she does text ignore it nothing says "I dnt want to see you again" any better than ignoring a text or two

• If she brings up the idea of another date let her know you aren't feeling it. But other than that I don't think you need to bring it up.

• Don't text her!! Yeah kinda of awkward to hit it and quit it. But since u don't like her , ignore her. Texting her with no interest would make things wired.

• You already are : but it happens shoul tell her you don't feel there could be a ralationship just stay in comunication and never talk later after. :|

• Don't talk to her again , if she ain't messaged you either there's no point

• Tell her. Don't lead her on. And you were pretty much asking for it you did that on the first date.

• If she tries to talk to you and keep messaging you then don't ignore her. Message her back and tell her the truth about how you had a good time but you aren't interested in being serious or in a relationship. It might hurt but its better then hurting her more in the long run.

What Guys Said 2

• Don't have sex with people you don't want to see again. If you don't want to be a dick, then don't act like one. You can cowardly text her and blow her off or ignore her altogether. You can show at least some class and talk to her. Perhaps she feels it was a mistake too. Only one way to know.
    With adult behavior comes adult responsibilities.

• if you don't wanna see her again what would be the point? if she contacts you just say hi or something but other than that I think you'd just be leading her on