Why do men think it's so funny to see a girl upset? They even instigate it?

Like I mean I guess it's teasing, but it's so stupid
Why do men think it's so funny to see a girl upset?

Most Helpful Guy

• First, let me thank you for using the word "instigate". It always makes me happy when someone expresses themselves well.
    To answer the question:
    When guys tease a girl to the point that it upsets her, it makes him happy because he has demonstrated that he does not need the girl in order to be happy which he knows will result in her falling for him. This is fundamental to courtship. When the girl gets upset, she starts to feel an underlying attraction for the guy. She does not like HOW she is being treated by the guy, but it DOES make her LIKE the guy. Girls are not attracted to guys that like them. They are VERY attracted to what they feel the cannot have or don't have. This is very dangerous for girls, because it leads them into choosing people that will eventually hurt them. Try to fight against any feelings of attachment to guys that take teasing to any level beyond playful flirting. It will take a conscious effort to avoid falling for guys that will eventually hurt you, because they will be the most attractive to you.

• Lol this didn't work for me. I started to ignore him because he was annoying. I also don't like men who act like they're 5

• Good! You are a step ahead of most other ladies!

What Guys Said 4

• It's just a way to show interest when they can't think of any other way, either that or they just like to be jerks to people in general. In any case, not all guys do it.

• Men bust balls in general.

• Its not meant to upset them, but its cute when they pout sometimes

• Guys do the same thing to other guys. Why do you girls seem to want to try to make it all about you?

What Girls Said 2

• First I've heard of this. This kind of behavior was popular circa 2nd grade.

• I bet if the guy that I liked knew my crush on brought me to tears of sadness, he'd feel sorry. Sure, he's taken but nobody wants to see a girl cry.