Is it bad to ask someone out over Facebook?

I guess what I am asking is: is there anyone out there who knows of a good outcome after someone asked someone out over Facebook? I know that in person would be better, but how horrendous is Facebook? I would really like to ask this guy out in person, but it is hard to get him alone, and I am also super shy.

Note: I don't have the guy's number, so texting could never be an option.

Most Helpful Guy

• There was this girl.. who had interest in a boy... and one day in 2013 December she felt sad because problems with family.. and that day decided to open up and text the boy through fb about her problems... the boy had a crush on her since dec 2011.. and he showed comfort with words to the girl through his text messeges on fb.. and he started to develop so much care for her that very day so much.. because he didn't kno her problems before that day.. and the girl felt cared about and loved by him.. and that day after hours of texting she started to show him her interest in him.. and he was encouraged to ask her out... so he said "in a few day, in real life am gonna ask you 2 questions" .. then she asked "what are the questions"... he said "soon i will ask if you will be my (first) girlfriend.. and what do you want for Christmas"... then the girl caught his aTTENTION OFF GUARD and she said yes.. that day.. and the boy didn't even ask yet... all through Facebook

That boy is me. Am still with her.. yes.. try with facebook... it gave me a blessing

What Guys Said 3

• I wouldn't say its bad but I don't think I would do it personally. You should just call him. If he's into you, he will really like it. If he's not, what have you lost?

• You gotta do what you gotta do, with whatever means you gots.

• Ya I wouldn't do that

What Girls Said 2

• I personally never done that, i don't even have a Facebook account but I think it's not a very effective way to ask someone out, not to mention it's kinda childish :)

• if you know the person like seen the person face to face and trust the person its not bad but if not then i wouldn't do that until you met a person