3 years apart good or bad? (senior dating freshman)

So I've been wondering this for a while, my parents are against me dating 2 or 3 years apart, however the farthest distance I've dated was 2. They tell me to date somebody older than me, but that doesn't really appeal to me. As for my older brother, he says he doesn't care. So I figured I would ask you guys. Is dating 3 years apart in highschool bad?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Society shouldn't have a standard in who you can date in my opinion. Whether they are older or younger than you. It wouldn't be lowering your standards at all because your both people and you can make your own choices. If you feel you have a connection with them and like them then you should go for it and follow your instincts :)

What Girls Said 3

• I believe if you have a connection with someone then, be happy. Just remember the laws if you're thinking about a physical relationship.

• Oh God don't do it, that's lowering your standards. I can see a soph/senior, but NOT a fresh/senior. The only thing more pathetic is a senior woman dating a freshman boy.

• I don't see a problem with it.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't see any issue with it. If she was still in middle school, then that is generally frowned upon where I live.