What if your ex moved on to someone way better? would that upset you?

what if your ex moved on to someone way better? would you care? would this upset you? like if your ex's next gf or bf was someone way better than you in a lot of areas like better looking , more money , higher social class that sort of things would it upset you it they managed to find someone better?
anyways I want some honest opinions

• yeah i'd be jealous
  • it wouldn't matter at all who they dated
  • no i'd be happy they moved on and found someone good

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not sure if its confidence or narcissism, but I wouldn't think someone is better than me. I just don't think of people like that, as though there's a hierarchy.

I would just think she may be better suited for him, which is fantastic. No ill feelings and I wish my ex nothing but happiness because he's a great guy.

What Girls Said 10

• Depending on how we ended. I would either be really jealous or be happy for him. But in general I like seeing the people I love happy, and if my ex meant a lot to me I'd be happy that he's happy and yeah I would be jealous (just one of those feelings you can't control) but I'd have to get over it sooner or later

• Well duh. I would think... ooooh. He upgraded. Lmao. But such is life. People always look for something better.

• No every girl is most likely thinking this, "No way he's with someone better!", "She probably has an addiction to eating sofa foam or she eats her own buggers!" yeah that's the only type of her he'll get a sofa eating bugger lady!

No but seriously, two of my ex's found amazing girlfriends and I'm happy for them since they deserve that, but one of my ex's he was a cheating douchebag and he got that type in girl form so I was extremely pleased ;)

• They are an ex for a reason. If the relationship ended recently I might be jealous but not because the person is better but that they moved on so quickly. You have to actually still care or have resentment towards your ex to have any feelings about them moving on or what is going on in their lives.

PS: " My parents taught me to give my old toys to the less fortunate" ;)

• I would be incredibly jealous but also happy for my ex at the same time.

• "Way better" according to whom?

• well I don't know someone who has better looks or higher income those sort of things , I'm not saying this new person is better gf or better personality but you know better in some areas that people dating might focus on , I mean it be along same lines of someone getting a better job or car if you were to compare it to that

• Yes I get that, but WHO thinks of that person as "better"? Do I think that? Does my ex boyfriend think that? Does everyone but me think that? Or is this merely about materialistic rates? Higher income, more property, etc.,? I don't consider these things "better" in any way.

• I would legitly commit suicide.

• I would feel bad but at the end if the day it doesn't matter who he's with

• Only because he was a real asshat and doesn't deserve nice people until he gets his crap together...

• I'd be offended if they were somebody I thought to be worse than me. Like if he went and got with the biggest skank or some crack head or somebody who never works, just somebody crap, I'd feel so offended. Like if he likes them, what must of attracted him to me?

What Guys Said 3

• Well, I usually don't see people in terms of better or worse than I am except in some extreme cases. Suppose she did move on to someone I thought was better than I, then I would be happy for her.

• Itll sting a bit but i hope she does, my last break up wasn't messy at all, it was just that we came to the realization that we arnt meant to be together so i do hope she finds someone better and the one for her

• It's your ex. Who gives a shit what they do.