Why do guys put a picture of their girlfriend as the background on their phone?

Why do guys put their girlfriend as their phone background? I think it's kind of embarrassing that my boyfriend does this, but it's a little flattering as well. It's weird because I don't like seeing myself on his background, but I like knowing that I am. How many guys do this? Why do you do it?

• I do this.
    17% (4)67% (14)41% (18)Vote
  • I don't do this.
    9% (2)24% (5)16% (7)Vote
  • View Results.
    74% (17)9% (2)43% (19)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
9|9

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend does that. They do that because they enjoy constantly having a visual reminder of you throughout their day.

I would say it's anything but embarrassing, more of a compliment. I love the idea that he cares for you so much he sort of wants you by his side even when you can't really be there in person.

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• I have my gf as my background because she is beautiful and I like looking at her face, simple as that.

2|0
    0|0
  • I would do that. Or maybe like a picture of us together. That would be a serious mood lifter if I'm ever feeling down.

1|1
    0|0
  • It's a way too show off or say i have a GF that i can look at and can be reminded that something special is up or something

1|0
    0|0
  • Because he likes to look at her and think about her.

1|1
    0|0
  • i have never done this. if i put it , it would make me childish.

1|0
    0|0
    • No it wouldn't it would be a romantic gesture letting the one you love know that there always on your mind. No guy is to tough to show a soft side to the girl they love it's not childish. It's loving.

• Well, why not?

0|0
    0|0
  • its called showing affection, look it up and/or learn it

0|0
    0|0
  • I've done it in the past, mainly as a motivation to quit smoking. Sounds like self-imposed pussywhipping lol. But now that I'm single, I have my background as some Facebook pic of my crush (creepy I'm sure)

1|0
    0|0
  • I can see why people would do that, it reminds them that they have somebody and is a nice pick me up throughout the day. But I don't do that, in fact, my phone is pretty much intentionally void of any personal information.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• A lot of guys I know do this and it's because they think their girlfriends a babe. They like looking at her and in their own way showing her off when she's not around.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because they like looking at their significant other & being reminded of them... I almost always put my boyfriend (when I have one) as my background. I don't understand why you're not flattered lol.

1|1
    0|0
    • Sorry I misread... I guess you are flattered. I just don't understand why you think it's weird lol

• Show All
    • Oh... well that's you I guess lol

• Yeah, apparently! 😁

• my boyfriend has a naughty pic that I sent him as his background, I didn't know until the other day and I went crazy at him!

2|0
    0|0
    • Oh no. That's kind of terrible! 😬 What happened?

• he said it was fine, that no one else looks at his phone and it's got screen lock... I'm not too impressed!

• Oh goodness! That still seems kind of risky even if he said that no one saw it!

• My boyfriend has a picture of me as his background. . . it makes me happy to think he likes to be reminded of me every time he looks at his phone :)

1|0
    0|0
  • my boyfriend has a picture of both of us as his wallpaper on his phone. he tries getting pictures of just me but i don't like taking pictures of myself >.<

1|0
    0|0
  • It's cute ^_^

1|0
    0|0
  • Because they're cheesy and like to brag?

0|0
    0|1
  • He's addicted to her face.

0|0
    0|0