Did I say the wrong thing when I texted this guy?

I gave out my cell number to a guy on a dating site and when he texted me, he didn't want to video chat but he sent pictures of himself and when he texted me he asked to hang out and I responded with "I don't think my parents would want me hanging out with someone that I don't know but hopefully we can hang". Should I have just said yes to him? Should I feel guilty about saying that my parents won't let me because that's the truth but I really want to hang with him. Could the guy that is texting me is not really him? He's so cute though and he seems to like me a lot.

0|0
1|2

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe you ask him to call you to chat for 5-10 mins to make yourself more familiar and comfortable with him and therefore, set a date afterwards.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's already fishy that he didn't want to video chat... it could easily be someone else's if he's just sending photos. Make sure you take a lot of precautions before meeting him, anyone can be a charmer online, and don't ever regret that you refused to hang with him because like the other guy has said, your safety comes first.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• he could be fake. its too easy to save and send a picture that isn't him. I would get confirmation on his identity before you takes things further. your own safety first. and then we can talk about how you should've talked to him hahaa.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!