Did I say the wrong thing when I texted this guy?

I gave out my cell number to a guy on a dating site and when he texted me, he didn't want to video chat but he sent pictures of himself and when he texted me he asked to hang out and I responded with "I don't think my parents would want me hanging out with someone that I don't know but hopefully we can hang". Should I have just said yes to him? Should I feel guilty about saying that my parents won't let me because that's the truth but I really want to hang with him. Could the guy that is texting me is not really him? He's so cute though and he seems to like me a lot.

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe you ask him to call you to chat for 5-10 mins to make yourself more familiar and comfortable with him and therefore, set a date afterwards.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's already fishy that he didn't want to video chat... it could easily be someone else's if he's just sending photos. Make sure you take a lot of precautions before meeting him, anyone can be a charmer online, and don't ever regret that you refused to hang with him because like the other guy has said, your safety comes first.

What Guys Said 1

• he could be fake. its too easy to save and send a picture that isn't him. I would get confirmation on his identity before you takes things further. your own safety first. and then we can talk about how you should've talked to him hahaa.

What Girls Said 0