A coworker recently told me she doesn't like her daughters dating Mexicans because they don't treat their women right. Thoughts?

She's Mexican herself. At first I thought it strange but then I thought back to all of the worst relationships I've seen/heard about and the vast majority were Mexican men. It made me think.

Most Helpful Guy

• well I personally wouldn't judge 1 man because the generalization of a statistic. but if looking at the parents point of view I can see their concern. they just want the best for their daughter. and they'll try to do best by what they know best lol. this can go back to don't judge a book by its cover.

• I know there are exceptions but I'm factoring in many different situations I've been made aware of. It's not just one.

What Girls Said 3

• Well has anyone dated every single Mexican to find out if that is true?

Better yet, has a quality stable woman done so?

I find that partners who aren't that great themselves have a whole lot of negative to say about their exes. "He complained too much that I didn't clean the house well enough." Well, did you?

Some people aren't reasonable and then wonder why they can't find what they think is a reasonable partner. Idk... ijs from what I've seen.

• This is silly. And your 90% statistics are wildly incorrect. If I tell you that in my experience, all white guys cheat, would that make you think. Probably not.

• Self hate is real lol

What Guys Said 3

• While machismo is pretty rampant in mexican culture blanket statements like that dont work. Not all mexican men will be like that and it seems silly to me to get upset with your daughter over something like that.

• Sure, I think it is true in a general way. Maybe, not the worst, but indeed bad. I am sure some are great husbands.

But overall, 60% of Hispanic mothers are not married. That is a "yikes!" statistic and worthy of condemnation.

• Dude there are scum bags from every race im pakistani there are plenty of guys in fact one of my uncles who was just a deadbeat didn't treat his wife right didn't have a job and plenty of other shit too but my point is there are good guys and there are bad guys being mexican isn't enough to deem someone as a "womanizer" or w. e.

• True, but I hear stories of men cheating, beating their women. Having multiple children with multiple women and never taking care or helping. Giving their women STDs and then blaming it on them. 90% of the time they're Mexican and the rest of the time they're black.

• Have you considered that maybe the social class of the males who treat their women this way is probably more prone to this? I'm not going to condemn all lower class people and say that they're the only ones who behave this way but lets be real if you date ghetto guys thats probably what you're going to get

• True. The women were immature and went after the wrong guys. I just haven't met Mexicans who don't act in this manner but it's a small sample size I suppose.