Should I give up on finding the perfect guy and start dating a woman?

I don't have much to say here. I'm upset because i didn't find my dream man since years and I'm thinking about dating a woman instead of dating a sexy guy. It's something new and maybe she would be better than that perfect guy.
What do you think?

• Do it
  • Don't do it
  • wait for the perfect time

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 14

• I voted A.

Suggest you date another straight woman. That will minimize the chance she's just after you for sex.

• You haven't found a guy who you want to marry yet. Uhh... this seems pretty normal for women aged 18 - 24.

But to solve the problem, you're going to start dating women? That's the abnormal part.

Besides, are you now somehow changing you're sexual orientation and becoming attracted to women? C'mon

• I don't want to get marry in this age by the way. I want my dream man to stay with me for years and be loyal to me and maybe we will get married someday. I don't want another jerk in my life because I'm really sick of them.

• Do whatever makes you happy. If it is something you want to try, try it. It may not be your thing, but at least you explored that path. One thing I will mention is that you are still very young. A lot of people, both men and women, don't find their "dream mate" for many years (well into their 30s, 40s, 50s, etc).
    Relationships are a lottery, and you may get your number pulled to find that man. The more people you date, the better your opportunity.

• I'm sick of dating guys want me for sex only :s

• How you act, where you frequent, and your interests/habits, determine who you date. If you are dating men who only want you for sex, you need to analyze if you are attracting the right men. If you aren't, you need to figure out how you can (what I expressed at the beginning).

A majority of men like sex. If offered, or the opportunity arises, many men won't turn it down. You should, however, seek men who can control themselves and seek other than sexual relationships.

• none, first your ideals are way to unrealistic, this is the main reason you can't find your dream guy, your dream is way too out there and your not really trying to understand and experience the person your currently dating. your looking for your Mr perfect but there's no one out there like that, they may have similarities but their never going to be the same as you imagined, and wouldn't that be boring? knowing every little aspect of the person before they even tell you about themselves, takes all the fun out of the experience, well at least to me it does, and if you wanna date a girl go ahead our comments should not dictate your decision here, only give you an outside perspective

• you are 18-24 and you think life is over? Damn, give it some time.

• You should do what makes you happy. I voted B (Don't do it) because I don't think you should give up on men but of course I have nothing against trying a woman if you think that is what you want. I am just against giving up on a guy. It takes time and effort to find the right person for anyone.

• All good things come to those that wait, you never know you may end up with both anyway.
    But you got to do what makes you happy not anyone else.

• No, you should not give up on men, but yes, you should date a woman. And all three of us will have a sexy menage a trois situation. It will be tight.

• Try it, you've got nothing to lose really, and you can find out what it's like or if it works for you

• i dont think anybodies perfect

• You may want to re-evaluate what constitutes your "dream man." No one is perfect, man or woman. You have set your standards so high that no-one could possibly meet them. There are good men out there who don't just want sex. Try dating more conservative, religious men.

• Average guys are everywhere. You probably won't find them in bars or nightclubs. Look for them in churches, bookstores, libraries. Join clubs that interest you and strike up conversations with people who share your interests.

• Thank you :)

• I won't give up

• It's either perfect guy or switch genders. God forbid you try dating an average guy.

• Don't try it, you've got everything to win not really, and I can find out what it's like or if it works for me.

• You're probably not the perfect girl in some men's eyes. It's a two way street.

What Girls Said 10

• One of my best guy friends, once told me " sometimes you have to kiss a bunch
    of frogs, to get to the prince". All that means is, sometimes you have to go through
    some bad ones, to get to the really good one. Besides, since you've said twice
    that you're not bi or lesbian. How exactly do you plan on meeting a woman, if you
    don't have those kinds of feelings for them? I think that would make things difficult.

I don't think swapping genders, is the way to go here. You know you don't want a guy
    who just wants you for sex, so keep dating men and make it clear that you want more
    out of the relationship then sex. And, if they stay you know he's a keeper and if they leave.
    Then you know he only wanted you for one thing. But, don't give up just yet. Okay?

• if you don't want to date guys who want you just for sex... dating lesbians, well, they're lesbians because of their sexual preference, it's VERY likely they'll want you just for sex even more than guys. if you want to experiment with girls, go ahead, but don't justify it by saying it didn't work with men because you have not dated every single man on the planet. the guy for you is out there. or maybe the girl. in the end it's up to you, good luck!

• There is no such thing as the "perfect guy". Your expectations are too high, because nobody on Earth is perfect. Give up on looking for the perfect man and instead start searching for the decent, down to earth, average man. You'll be so much happier.

• No. If you're not actually bisexual/lesbian then it's stupid to "switch genders" thinking that something different will happen. You're only 18-24 anyway & there's no time limit for finding the right person. Dating is NOT a rush.

• There is no perfect person, so stop searching for 1 and try to find a nice guy, if you have latent homosexual feelings see a psychologist.

• Or go homo i don't judge. it's perfectly normal.

• First of all I'm not a lesbian or bisexual or whatever! I'm a normal girl i just want to try something new that's it. I'm sick of dating wrong guys

• Wow you are very angry :D i don't have any bad motives, i have respect for all. i only said to see a psychologist to better understand her situation. and don't threat people it's funny lmao.

• You should become the perfect woman and the perfect man will come your way.
    Let me know how that goes.

• there is no such thing as perfect i had actually wrote an essay on how nobody is perfect, therefore waiting for a perfect guy would be like waiting for the guy i like to stop being an ass, its practically never going to happen, its the way of life, instead of waiting go and look for them, and if how do you know if the woman you want to date is going to be perfect maybe you need to lower your standards a bit.

• if you can swing both ways, and you've swung only one way, then try swinging the other way for a chance.

• No, that won't make you happy either

• remeber we are bitchy too but there's nothing wrong to try new things ;)