Girls whats worse: Too clingy or not clingy enough?

For example, I dated two different girls and they both turned me down for different reasons.

Girl#1 told me I was too clingy and didn't give her enough space early on. I called and texted her a lot, and wanted to spend most of my free time with her. We didn't date for very long because she said I was too needy. Learning from these mistakes I made sure not to make them when I started to date Girl#2. With Girl#2 I called her only on occasion and I didn't try texting her daily. We went on a few dates over the course of 2 months. I made sure to give her plenty of breathing room. But over time she told me she wasn't feeling it and she did mention that there's not much communication between us, and that it wasn't working out.

I learned a lot from this experience. Yet which of these 2 extremes is worse?

Most Helpful Girl

• Extremes of ANY isnst good. You met two types of girls thats all. One wanted space anther wanted you to bug her more. There isn't one recipe for all women. Just like there isn't one for all men. When you get to know someone you find out what they want by asking questions and getting feedback. So, once you get to know a girl you will know if she is the independent type who doesn't want to be called all day every day. or the less independent type who wants to tell you were she is every 5 minutes of the day. Then you decide for your self what kind of a partner you want to be. One who is independent or one that needs to know the wear about of his partner at all times. Then you choose a girl according to what you want. Very Simple!

Ask your self what do you want. Do you want to be clingy or not? Then choose a girl who wants what you want and you should get along just fine in terms of clingy/non-clingy. There are only problems when both people are not communicating their needs and on top of that dont want the same thing. You haveto pay attention. To many times people are wrapped up in liking the person that they dont step back and look at their actions and the other persons reaction.

What Girls Said 14

• Being too clingy is worse.
    I think that most guys who aren't "clingy enough" tend to be the ones who are simply careful. From what I can tell, they tend to actually WANT to show more interest, but they hold back (a little too much) because they don't want to come off as being too clingy.
    The ones who are too clingy are often those who are overly emotional and jealous. It's often a lot more difficult to get them to stop clinging onto you so hard, compared to getting a guy who's not "clingy enough" to not hold back as much.
    But obviously, there are exceptions. Some guys who don't show a lot of interest can also simply be emotionally unavailable, which obviously makes it hard for them to change as well. So it really depends on the person. But generally, I'd say that being too clingy is worse.

• I personally prefer guys who are too clingy over not clingy enough ^_^ Not clingy enough seems like he's too indifferent and I don't feel confident if he likes me anymore.

• Being too clingy, my last relationship, the guy was way too clingy, it was like he couldnt trust me to go anywhere myself, he would literally follow me everywhere, sometimes i was fine with it but then at times it gets annoying like i need my own space and yeah it just depends on the girl really :)

• Clingy by definition is a negative term, so I'd like someone who's not clingy at all.

• Hell if I know... So hard to find a blancw, but if I am really into a guy I'd say give space in the beginning.

• I say be yourself every woman is different, you just have to find the right one for you. I love that my husband called and checked on my every day when we were first dating, to me it showed he cared and was interested.

• too clingy that's for sure... anything to do with smothering is bad!

• If he is not clingy. I would assume that he is not interested in me at all.

• Too clingy...

• Not clingy enough is worse. Every girl wants to feel loved by her lover.

• not clingy enough

• Not clingy enough I guess

• too clingy is way worse. Just dont be a stalker. Not clingy actually is a bit attractive until you get into the relationship, then be clingy and show her how you feel ♡

• Too clingy is worse

What Guys Said 1

• It depends on the girl... Deeper warmer personalities are going to want more quality time. Shallow colder girls are going to want gifts and distance. Be your damn self and find a girl that fits your real personality. Don't try to change to land girls. If you like more time together, talking regularly, cuddling and all that shit then don't waste your time on cold distant girls. Some couples spend every day together and wouldn't have it any other way. Other couples stay married and sleep in two separate bedrooms.