Is dating my leader a bad thing?

So I'm in a relationship with a 27 year old and I'm 18.
But that's not the weird part, I have known him since I was 12 as he was my scout leader... He is also now my venturer leader (an section of scouting for 15-19 yr olds) we have to keep it a secret because as a leader he is not allowed to date me.
People have mix opinions about our relationship. Do you think it is okay or bad?

• This isn't okay.
  • I support this!

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it would be weird if the guy was your teacher at school, but why on earth would something such as an extramural activity like him being your "venturer leader" influence your relationship?

Of course it may not be appropriate showing major affection towards each other at meetings, however what harm would it do seeing him outside your extramural environment? Personally, I don't see an issue with it...

What Guys Said 8

• The age gap is not a big deal to me. I have been married for 20 years and she is almost 10 years younger than i am. However as your leader he should never have aloud things to get to this point. it shows irresponsibility on his part.

• This is totally weird. If this guy is ten years older than you, and has known you since you were 12 well its just weird.

• You can't help who you fall in love with. As long as you're happy who bessnise is it anyway what you get up to.

• If you sought him out then I would say okay as you are an adult now and make your own decisions but if he flirted with you from the start I would say no way. Only a weak man would do that knowing you since you were 12.

• I had had a crush on him for awhile and he has been my best friend for a few years now but our feelings only developed for each other just before I was 18

• The age gap is too big. And very creepy that he's known you that long.

• Whatever makes you happy I guess your both adults do what you want

• Wait dat dude was 9yrs old when you weren't even born yet. Besides this is straight out wrong and illegal, he could get in legal trouble.

• its againt scout rules. and its a conflict of interest. this is bad. one of you should switch to another group

• Just curious... how serious is the whole scouts honor thing in the US? I thought scouting was to teach life skills, teamwork and survival etc... What conflict of interest would exist? I'm not trying to be difficult or anything or disrespect anyone, I'm just intrigued...

• Ok, got it... I still don't see anything wrong with it... Nothing creepy about it all... It's not like you are 10 years old... You're an adult... so you should be free to date who you want...

• Exactly what I think and in New Zealand our age of consent is 16 too

What Girls Said 0