Girls, would you ever date a guy in a wheelchair?

I'm in a wheelchair and I've always got pretty close with girls but as soon as I try to move onto dating, I get rejected.

Many of my male friends seem to think this is because of being in a wheelchair. I mean I can see the logic. I can't do things girls would want with a guy, such as dancing. I can't go to all places as some don't have disabled access and it's hard to get there as the only car I can travel in is my personal one.

Also it's hard to get into girls houses as most have steps up to the door and if they ever came to it, sex would be possible, albeit it would not be as easy as it would for an able-bodied person.

This array of problems has led me to think I'll never be able to get a girlfriend due to these problems. I'm just wondering, honestly, I can accept an honest answer, whether you girls think you could ever realistically date a guy in a wheelchair? Please be honest, I really appreciate it.

• Yes, I would
  • No, I wouldn't

Most Helpful Girl

• I honestly would, but I feel the reason you might get rejected is they wouldn't know how to act around you. Maybe they don't want to accidentally offend you or do something wrong. But regarding your "restrictions:" I find them to be manageable you guys can meet up at places where there is wheelchair access. If they really do like you they'll put in the effort.

What Girls Said 13

• I don't think anyone should have prejudice in whether you are in a wheelchair or not. What matters is their love and if a girl doesn't realize that then she is not the one. Sex is not a biological function; it's a spiritual need. That is why sex is special and is meant for that one person. There is people who go through life without sex and they are still happy. I think as a couple you and your future wife would figure it out. What matters most is your intimacy and relationship with one another above all. To be honest, sex is not the most important thing for a girl. That's why there are times when you see on TV shows and they're like "oh I'm tired" hahahahah. What really matters is the kind of relationship you will have, not sex life. For a girl, a girl wants someone to hug and hold and just have fun with. Sex is never that important to a girl--well most girls I would think. But yeah hoped this helped ^.^ For me, I don't think I could honestly discriminate against that. I am Catholic and proud and I've learned to accept everyone for who they are and not what they look like. Yes I am guilty of sometimes only going for looks and "body type" but I think when the time comes down to it to get married in the future and have a solid relationship with, I think the heart chooses what they want. That's why I love Beauty and the Beast so damn much! lol #disneyfanatic I mean I know I'm young and all to have this kind of advice but I do think I'm "wise" for my age

• Thank you so much, that was lovely. Especially the Beauty and the Beast reference? I'm a huge Disney fan too so I appreciate it haha, cheers :)

• Haha no problem! Lol not calling you a beast by the way xD But yeah no problem I really hoped I could have helped you have hope and I really hope you do find happiness in anything you do :)!

• I know haha, and you have helped a lot, thanks again :)

• Yes I definitely would :) If I felt like you were the right man then a wheelchair wouldn't be a concern. One of my ex boyfriends was involved in an accident which resulted in multiple problems with his spine and he had to be in a wheelchair for a long time. It didn't alter how I saw him and if a girl really cares for you it won't matter to her either. I hope you find somebody very soon and please don't feel like you don't have a chance with women, you just need to find the right ones who will look past it that's all :)

• Thank you for that, much appreciated :)

• Haha yeah, I like to make jokes about my condition, helps deal with the problem :)

• Laughter is the best medicine ;)

• Most females would not date someone already in a wheelchair due to either not knowing how to act around you in terms of relationship or because of how others may perceive it. I personally wouldn't mind dating someone in a wheelchair. Just means we can't do certain things but that's fine with me.

• Totally. To be honest a personality and great intellect beats whether you're able to stand or not. I would rather stay at home and have all types of interesting conversations than go out all night and dance. Ugh, I hate dancing. Besides, if you're already in a wheelchair, then you already know how to take care of yourself and it would be easy for me to help cause you already know what to do. Me having a husband and him ending up in a wheelchair would be way more difficult because we both have to learn and know what to do while going through the sadness of what went wrong to put him in there anyway. Am I being offensive? Sorry...

• You've not been offensive at all, I really appreciate what you've said, made me feel better, thank you

• Honestly I would date a guy in a wheelchair. As long as he has a great personality that's all that matters to me.

• If I'm attracted to him and we click, I don't see why not.

• It really depends on how disabled he is and how much I have to do as bad as that sounds. But you can type and drive so I'm sure you'd fall into the dateable category.

• I have an idea where your coming from. I spent close to a year in a chair & another 2 years on crutches recovering from an accident. So if we got along fine I would date a guy in a chair no problems.

• Yeah, if I was seriously interested in the guy.

• honeslty,... yeah i would if he had a great personality, why not ;)

and im not just saying that, i mean it,...

• Thank you, helps me feel better about myself.

• i also have a physical condition too, its my right arm, it looks shorter and way skinnier than the other,.. most guys would ditch me for it but then some would stay, coz they said they liked my personality, and i am the same way towards guys too,... so believe me dont ever get yourself down over it, it pointless dear,... have a good day now ;)

• sure. a disability isn't a deal breaker for me. your mind is still fully functional! if im attracted to a guy and he has a good personality. then yes I would definitely go out with him.

• yeah why not. you look handsome.

• Realistically? No I wouldn't

If I was dating a guy and he ended up in a wheel chair that would be ok. But I wouldn't date someone already in one

What Guys Said 0