Need advice about going abroad please?

I've been with Jake for over two years now. We're not officially dating, but we have something special. It is just complicated. He's my best friend and I love him so much. In August I'm going abroad for a semester. This summer was so much fun with him and I have just been enjoying our time together while we have it. With me leaving soon, we came to the conclusion that we would just be friends starting when I leave. Then it became awkward because what do we do knowing that in a couple of weeks we'll only be friends. We decided that we were just going to enjoy what we have now basically until we can't. Things have changes and Jakes wants to start being friends now. I did not want that and I can't handle it, but I said I would try because I did not want to loose him. We tried to hang out once just being friends and it ended in a disaster. I was upset about the situation and he barely did anything to comfort me. It was awkward because I felt like I could not be myself around him. I missed just kissing him and hugging him. I just could not understand how only a couple of days ago I saw him and he was telling me how in love he is with me and how he wouldn't know what to do with out to this. I told him that I was not okay being like this and that it will never work between us because we both have different views. But it didn't really phase him. We're not talking for over a week just to take a break from all this. I don't want to loose him but I do not know what else to do. I need advise asap. Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• You may not want to "loose" him, but just take genuine love as a test of time, if he doesn't wait, then he was never into you.

What Guys Said 2

• Wow sounds complicated. If he is truly in love with you he will continue to comfort, support and love you. if your the situation seems to deteriorate, then maybe he is going threw something or feels your overwhelming him with all your emotions.

• having different views will kill it down the road eventually

What Girls Said 0