First Date Tonight. Corny or thoughtful? You tell me. (Guys)?

Me and this guy are hanging out for the first time tonight. I honestly don't know what we are but I do know that we like each other. Meh, *shurgs*... So we are watching movies at his place and I am meeting his parents, awkward - I know this. Anyways, he told me his favorite candy recently and I am thinking about picking up a small package of his favorite candy and mine so when we are watching the movie we can snack on it. Is that totally corny or is that thoughtful?

• Don't do it. That is weird.
  • It is thoughtful, I'd like it.

Most Helpful Guy

• We don't base things off of being romantic. We would be happy to know you were thinking of us...

What Guys Said 4

• I'd definitely appreciate that :) It's just a small gesture and it shows you were thinking of him.

• It's really sweet. Try to be very social, even with the parents, since you're meeting them too.

Oh this is a weird thought but here goes, if he doesn't like his parents, you shouldn't bother with them as much.

• I'm a guy and I'd find that really romantic but I guess I like old school romance, I know a lot of my friends wouldn't, guess it depends on the personality of the guy.

• Walk away he sounds like a freaky mummy's boy can't have a date without his parents being with you. save your self

• Lol well we are both recent graduates who moved home and we just want to relax v. Be out and doing spending money so - idt mummy's boy just a chill regular guy

What Girls Said 1

• I know you're looking for a guy's perspective on this but I actually did this for a guy once and he loved it. He was happy and he told me it showed him that I paid attention to him when he talked.