How can I convince my parents to let me hang out with a guy I met from an online dating website?

I have been texting this guy and we agreed to hang out one day. The problem is that I'm 18 years old and I still live with my parents and they won't let me hang out with him because they don't like when I hang out with random people that I don't know! He seems like a nice guy and we both like each other and we live in the same town. How can I convince them to hang out with him?

Most Helpful Guy

• Have a friend to go out with and meet him with your friend. Then when/if they ask how you met you met him through her. Go have like... pizza with a friend or something.

What Guys Said 1

• That's just it, you can't. No matter how good he seems to them, they wouldn't really let you. It's incredibly hard to convince them otherwise though. Really... Really... Hard. Trust me. I'm 17. So yeah.

What Girls Said 2

• It's the old story of: "As long as you live under my roof, you will do as I say." I Got that Too when I was 18, and it gets pretty old real Quick. I finally moved out and got on my own.
    Start by perhaps inviting him over to------Meet the parents. Perhaps as much as you 'Like' him and he 'Seems like a nice guy,' they may find this as well. And it may flatter them a bit to think that you respect them enough to Include them And their good judgement. As unfair as you think they are being, they most likely have a problem with This sort of 'Random romance.'
    If you both haven't met up face to face as of yet, Now would be the perfect time to do so. After all, even having met 'Online,' you say you 'Live in the same town,' then time to draw the line and Everyone Meet up, and let the Show And----The convincing begin.
    Good luck. xx

• You're 18, you're an adult. Do what the hell you like.