My best friend (girl) doesn't want to hang out much.

So my best friend is a girl I've known for about 3 years. It's been kinda a weird relationship as its been a bit off and on but since last year it has been a really good relationship. The thing is we were both really into each other when we first met but I was insecure and just timing was off on everything. Anyway recently I've been really into her, more than as just friends. We talk about everything and I am usually the first to hear about anything that's happening in her life and she asks for my advice. The only problem is we hardly ever hang out, she says she is just busy or she's in her sweatpants, etc. She also knows I don't care about that though, and that I would want to see her even if it was only for a few minutes. She has told me a few times that there is this guy she hangs out with, but I am wondering if she is trying to get me jealous so I make a move. I've told her a few times we should get together but I was pretty drunk at the time, so I'm pretty sure she disregarded it.

Should I tell her that I love her? Or at least ask her out? I really don't want to ruin the friendship. However I also know that once she has a boyfriend and/or I have a girlfriend that we won't be friends anymore.

What Girls Said 2

• 3 years is a pretty good amount of time. I think you should let her know how you feel. If you love her and keep it a secret then you could be passing up the chance of having an amazing life with the girl you love. But also keep in mind that you would be taking a big risk and your friendship could be changed a lot if she doesn't feel the same way. It definitely sounds like she's comfortable with you if she goes to you for advice.

• Go in for the kill! If you want her you should let her know it before some other guy comes along, and since she has a guy she talks to that may be sooner than you think. I do understand what you mean by not wanting to mess up your friendship,but you may have to risk that in order to move the relationship up a notch. Definately tell her how you feel,but do it somewhere private just in case things do get awkward. (Like they tend to do in conversations like that.)

• Thanks for the reply, and yeah maybe I should. I am a lot more confident now than I was back then. Just the mixed signals are impossible to read.

What Guys Said 0