Why are people bolder to approach girls online than in person?

Most Helpful Guy

• Its less stressful behind the screen and u dont ave to worry about anything or any wrong move that could turn her off. In person makes us look like creeps and stuffs. We have ll the time n the world to think before we speak instead of rushing to speak and we dont have to worry about being an idiot infront of her cuz she will jst ran away in oerson lol. Its nervewrecking in person tho.

What Guys Said 6

• Because it's more comfortable. You can approach when you want and you have time to think about what to say/how to reply. It's a bit more intimidating in person.

• Lack of public rejection, lack of in-person rejection.

There is a certain dissociation that happens when doing things online... the repercussions are less real, so people are naturally more bold.

• Good question, I never really thought of that. I think it's because that even if the person gets rejected, they won't have to face the awkwardness of seeing the person every day and knowing that he/she is not interested. Online it doesn't matter if you get rejected because you know that he/she lives far away and you won't have to speak to or see each other ever again.

• Because if i mess up by saying something stupid i don't have to see you (girls) in person. I guess it's because I can say whatever I want without caring what anyone thinks.

• Online it is difficult to see fat, pimples, shortness, a little dick, true age, their high school diploma, class and it is most difficult to see ugliness online. Without any boundaries it is almost like everyone on Gag is smart, good looking, wise and ever so kind.

• On dating site, the worst that usually happens is your message gets ignored. Men can send out dozens or hundreds of messages until they get a favorable response without the sting that comes from being rejected in person.

• On a dating site*

What Girls Said 2

• It's easier to communicate via the phone/computer. Being in person adds pressure that some people any handle off the bat.

• It is easier to approach people on line because there are not visual distractions.

• What do you mean visual distractions?