Why is everyone drowning in fake love? Is love real or just and escape?

Well hello there, im just asking why do most people have boyfriends and girlfriends? I mean and i know this sound offensive but what makes u love ur boyfriend? Most would answer his personality but deep down its most likeky his looks or her looks in which u were attracted to but aren't u just cruel what about that so called ugly guy or girl that likes u? Do u not care about their feelings? Well no matter im not mrperfect but i rather be alone than to have others be attracted me based off of looks

• Agree: is love something beautiful
  • Disagree: love is an escape of loneliness

Most Helpful Girl

• Looks are always part of the deal. Who wants to be with someone who isn't attractive to them? That makes zero sense. So one is denying how important physical attraction is. It's very much relevant and important. But that certainly isn't the only reason most people are in relationships. There's way more to it that keeps two people together. Things like compatibility, interests, friendship, chemistry etc etc. If one is not there then the relationship is bound to end. It's like a cake existing out of many ingredients. Without all the special ingredients a relationship won't last or be happy.

What Girls Said 5

• Based of a little research: Love is essentially a trait humans use so that young may be raised together. So yes it is a partial escape from loneliness, but an acceptable one.

Regarding the "looks" department you go through three stages of love. lust, romantic and then comfortable love. The first stage "lust" is completely dependant on looks and you cannot really enter a relationship with someone you do not have a little bit of lust for. This stage of love is primarily to scope out potential partners. When you enter a relationship you move to romantic love and after a long time in a relationship you enter comfort stage which is supposedly to raise children in.

• No one that I'm close to really thinks love is a waste of time, but the people that date them do. My mom, grandma, brother, cousins (older cousins), aunts and uncles well only 1 uncle, thinks of true love, and same for me. But it's really hard to find wether you're under 18 (17-18) or older. I really hate it when people find someone who is literally someone else's world, and the other person plays the heart of that one guy or one girl, and all the other person can do is watch the one they love hurt, and it sucks so badly.

• Love is a beautiful thing.
    BUT most people will force it or try to achieve it with the wrong people just because those people are more convenient to be with. Most people are frightened of being alone and won't hesitate to not only compromise their own beliefs to be with someone, but also to completely forget their own opinions and moral values... It's a sad world we live in...

• Well, love is something that doesn't happen very often. Being in love is different from being infatuated and since there is no real, solid, definition for love, infatuation is often confused with love

• It's better than being alone and wanking on their own every night.

What Guys Said 2

• Love? what is that?

My parents never told me they loved me,, girlfriends down the years told me they did love me to only tell me later they never did, they just told me at the time to make me feel good at the time.

• There's being in love, and TELLING yourself you're in love. HUGE difference.