Do names matter? Like having a name of a different race?

If you have a "weird" name as a result of being of a different ethnicity, will that be a deal-breaker for a considerable number of girls?

By the way, I am of Indian descent, and my name isn't really hard to pronounce but it's still "foreign", you know. Just trying to see if that would at all be a significant factor in my dating prospects.

Most Helpful Girl

• This reminds me of this letter I heard in this blog. This guy didn't want to marry this woman because she had this really far fetched stereotypical black me. He "loves" everything about her but her name. Her name was the only thing preventing the marriage. He considered having her to change it to satisfy him.

I wouldn't even worry about those would let something so little as a name, stop them from dating you. I went to school with three Indian kids with Indian names. That didn't stop them at all from dating. So i feel that its highly rare for someone to not date someone because of their name.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• Names are beautiful and they mean something. It doesn't matter what language or nationality they're from

• It's a plus. I love Arab names :-)

• Its just a name. My SOs male is weird to most because its Croatian but I couldn't care less.

• My name is middle eastern and I'm not middle eastern I'm actually American
    Also if you want check out mytake on why I don't date white men www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a22223-the-reasons-why-i-usually-do-not-date-white-men-rant-alert-i-guess

• If she really likes you, your name will be exotic to her and she'll embrace it! If she's not really into you, she'll find little things to use against you, like your name..

• I love names from all different cultures. I don't know why, I just have a thing for names, sounds and meanings of the names.
    Even though there are other people with your name, the meaning and sound of if probably suits you perfectly as if it was made for you.
    Be proud of your name. I'd rather have like a jahangiar than a bob anyway.

What Guys Said 2

• Names do matter as they are products of culture. I prefer sticking to neutral names so that people don't form stupid judgments about me before I even correct their flawed ideology.

• I called my son Nym after the Feeorin pirate from the Star Wars Starfighter game series.