Am I not getting asked out because I look too young?

Im 16. Im not gonna hide the fact that i look like a 6-7th grader. Im only 5'1 and i am skinny. All the guys that have had a crush on me were in fact 5th graders. I don't wear tight clothes and try to show of the little to no boobs i have. I wear a basic pair of boot cut jeans and a normal shirt. Is this the reason high school guys don't ask me out? I am told i am nice, funny, and respectful by many people so i don't think its my personality. (I at least hope)

Most Helpful Guy

• I know you've probably already heard this, but I'm gonna say it anyway. You're only 16, and in all likelihood you've got more growing and filling out ahead of you. Try to focus on the things that are most important to you, and know that some people are just late bloomers physically. I was like that at your age. I was already tall, but I was so skinny. I kept filling out until I was about 23-24. Don't worry that you haven't been asked out yet. Guys your age are mostly pretty superficial and are obsessed with the really "developed" girls. And you're probably more mature emotionally and mentally than the guy your age are. As hard as it is when you're 16, try to be patient with yourself and your own body.

What Guys Said 3

• just wait for it girl i had the same things again&again

• The older guys will wait and see where your at maturity wise, before they decide to mess with you

• can't tell without seeing a picture of you but that's possible.

What Girls Said 1

• I looked young in high school and people thought I was 13 when I was graduating. I was super self conscious about it but most of the ribbing came from other girls. Here's a secret: no guy will not like a girl who looks young. Whether he's 12 or 88. Generally speaking, guys in high school are shy. Just like girls are. I'm sure there are guys who like you but they are too shy. I wouldn't put so much pressure on yourself. The more you talk and make guy friends the more you'll see and you'll def get asked out. You're only 16, you have plenty of time!