Young good looking but no girlfriend?

Im a 24yo black male in top physical shape. for some reason i can't get anyone to want to date me. To describe myself, im a honest caring person. A former semi pro football player and professional surfer for 6 years (yes black people can swim haha). anyways females do check me out and lots have told me im very attractive but non seem to have an interest in me. my female friend have told me their friends say im the kind of guy they are looking for. im confident but not cocky and feel like i can talk to anyone. im the friend everyone comes to for advise and to feel better. I wouldn't say im spontanious but i know how to have fun and make people laugh. To be honest i am attracted to white females and often wonder if me being a black male is a problem. any advise would be great thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• Hello I am 24, same age as you! And I am single and have a hard time finding the right guy for me. It's gotten to the point where I beat myself up or don't even try because I'm exhausted after all the "trying" I have done, and after getting no results or a broken heart.

I believe you can find a beautiful woman, but since you are the guy the choice is up to you to pursue her. They say that the guys are supposed to pursue and let me tell you this -- some woman are VERY insecure. They may be secure in ALL areas but when it comes to guys they shy away because of past hurts or because of past rejections. The girl you may have your eye on either likes somebody else, is not interested in you, or could be interested in you if you only paid a bit of attention to her.

My only advice to you is try. Try going out and meeting people. Try flirting with any lady you think is "fine" and follow up with her phone number (trust me she'll be very happy). Try online dating maybe. Try getting to know the cute girl at work. Just try, make moves, you're the guy! If she's a nice enough girl and if she's interested she'll be very happy to know that somebody is actually pursuing her and she's not having to do all the work.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't know what it is about being 24 but it seems like everyone struggles with dating at this age. I did too. Anyway, like usual, the least you ever expect it, someone will come alone. There's probably some girl out there right now wondering where you are. :)

• You're 24. What's the rush? Intimidation may play a role in why women don't give you a chance. But... as the saying goes when you are successful (even when you're not sometimes) there are too many fish in the sea (esp in your age range). You'll catch one. Give it some time.

What Guys Said 1

• This is a stupid question, but it has to be asked: What is your approach to women?

• well I will alway introduce myself and make small talk. then a little flirting to see how they respond. I dont have problem "getting" girls just getting them to date me.