My friends and family don't like my BF because his job isn't good enough. Help!?

I am dating the sweetest guy but my family and some of my friends think I can do better. He is a gym teacher at an elementary school, which I think is so sweet! He is awesome with the little kids plus he has a 5 year old son that he adores. Ok so he's not a brain surgeon but how many people are? It pisses me off that' people are being so judgmental! I finally find a kind, decent man after dating lots of losers, and I can't get a break! How should I deal with this?

Most Helpful Guy

• People will always judge when you have something good, always share their opinions on what you should do with that good thing. Follow tour heart and desires... if you feel good about him, why ruin that because someone said to?

What Guys Said 6

• In Ontario here, teacher are very well paid! He would be very much looked up to! Anyway, yes, he does have a legitimate job and I am sorry your f&f do not like it. Is your family rich or something?

• Not super rich but well off. They are very status conscious and snobby. I hate how they judge people like that. So many of the rich guys I dated were douchebags and players, it's nice to be with a real down to earth guy!

• You tell them you're grateful they are looking out for you, but please FUCK THE HELL OFF!

Seriously though, you tell them that you're grateful they are looking out for you, but them you tell them all the good points you mentioned to us. If they persist in telling you this, you might have to mention that although they care about you, they're being rude. If they STILL persist, then it's time that you get rude.

• Ignore you're the one who could who knows even one day marry him your family isn't dating him you are. Just when ever your mom or dad tells you how bad they think he is just nod your head and go somewhere else in your head.

• fuck them. Just ignore them if he makes you happy like you said you finally found a decent man. Dont dump him because of them and suddenly lose someone special. What if you never get your chance again?

answer mine please www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1088091-does-multiple-eye-contact-then-sitting-near-you-mean-anything

• Well, what kind of jobs, do your family and friends have. We kind of still live in a feudal society, where people still sort of believe that rich should be with rich, poor should be with poor, and average should be with average

• It's better than him having no job at all, too lazy to get a job, taking benefits (Britain). Ignore them!!!

What Girls Said 2

• Don't be bothered by what they think about his job. Where I live, teachers are well paid (well, it could be more in some circumstances) and it's a respectable career. Just ignore them and keep on continuing with your relationship.

• Just ignore them. You're dating him, not them. Tell them that you're happy, and their comments aren't doing a damn thing but wasting their time and breath. If you're happy, don't end that because of someones comments. If you do, you'll regret it in the end by letting them win.