What do you think about online dating sites?

Is it just desperate and pathetic or is it a viable option in an ever technologically increasing world? Have you ever done it? would you ever do it? did you have any luck with it?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've personally always felt like online dating was "meant" for those who either have hectic schedules or have not had any luck meeting people in social situations (stores, through friends, parties, etc.). And with that being said although I feel those are good reasons to try, I don't think I would. Part of me feels its not organic, if that makes since, but at the same time if you haven't had any luck meeting that special person, who's to say their not a click away ( no pun intended).

What Girls Said 5

• No, they're not for me. I tried one for a few days and was irritated that the site continued to match me with men that I specifically asked not to match me with. I would check or uncheck certain boxes of what I wanted, what age, what location, and sure enough I was being inundated with notifications about the very men I didn't want to meet. Not only that but I disliked very much the online mentality of saying whatever they thought they wanted with the safety of being behind a computer. I was even told I was being rude and "no wonder you're single" when I politely typed back to a man, "Thank you for your message, I wish you good luck with your search." I didn't ignore the messages, but when I wasn't interested that was my standard reply. Really, what warrants that sort of anger or knee-jerk reaction to be insulting or disrespectful is not worth my time. I always felt it was also unnatural to talk first and see the person after. I think it's kind of backwards. I'm glad I met Mr. Hollyanne the traditional way, without dating sites, and if people find success with them, I'm happy to hear it. For me, they were an absolute drag and a waste of time.

• I met my boyfriend on a dating site, and my relationship is awesome. The best advice I can think of is, don't do it out of desperation. This is normally advice I give women, but it's probably pretty salient for men, too. My experience is there are a lot of dirtbags on dating sites who can smell desperation on you and will use it to their advantage.
    Furthermore, I got messages from way too many guys who were so obviously desperate and completely devoid of personality that they'd be like, "My hobbies are cuddling. Cuddling is what I like. When can we meet?" *lives 400 miles away from me* Don't be that guy. I cannot stress enough how unattractive and depressing that is.

• I think nothing about it. Whatever floats your boat, man. If this makes you happy go for it. Don't get catfished that is all I gonna say.

• Im not a fan of dating sites, i always think wouldn't it be much better to meet a person in person instead of having to go through the internet, cause really, you got no idea who you're actually talking to...

• I've done this once but it's because of boredom. I get to found a new friend in there but I haven't meet him yet. But I would prefer to meet the right guy for me not on online site.

What Guys Said 2

• It only works if your a good looking male but its great if your a female because the average looking female, will get more messages than the average male.

• I see nothing wrong with it. I found my 4th wife on one.