Im not racist but why black guys my age,,,,,,,?

Im 17 but y is it that every black guy my age seems so disrespectful and all thug life? im sure its not because of where i live, i dont know lol but im so tired of it. I like every race but black guys will always have a special place in my heart but damn! Like hopsin said " I can’t even fuck with you.
Cause if we out in public you gon’ get caught stealing some shit and get my ass in trouble too." Lol am i jus exaggerating?

I mean no harm i am not tryning to offend ANYBODY, im just an afro merican girl trying to understand... i love drake an kendrick lamar as much as the next guy.. but you dont have to live in their songs

Most Helpful Guy

• Nah dude i dont date black girls for the same reason. Always try and talk like they're all hood or something, like, oh, you're a strong black woman, you don't take no shit, huh? Well you don't take no dick either. I'm sorry but acting like a fucked up narcissist just cause someone told you swag was cool ain't gonna earn you points in my book. Ironically though the best black girl booty is on some hood rat models, but i'm never gonna tap that just cause they're SOOO ANNOYING. I wish BET was never invented man, that way no one would have given blacks an identity and they could just pick their own. All the braggadocio bullshit is killin me.

• Lol that's a lot of broad generalizations. You must be hanging out with the wrong black women because I can assure you that neither I or my friends are like that.

• Haha LA? That explains it, I know a few people from LA...

• yup yup, just think of all the terrible terrible examples for black folks we got living here. Like kanye west. i cheered when i found out he got booed off stage for one of his rants, i can't believe that asshole keeps standing there in a pointless ass million dollar diamond mask ranting like he's oppressed because he's black. like motherfucker oppressed people do not have diamonds on their faces

What Guys Said 12

• Stop generalizing. there's bad people of every race, but society only pays attention to the black ones.

• It reminds me of the Mark Cuban interview, where he says "If I see a Black guy walking down the same side of the street at night in a hoodie, I'll cross over to the other side of the street."

Then he says "Also, if it were a White guy with a shaved head and covered in tattoo's, I'd cross to the other side of the street."

It's false equivalence logical fallacy. I've seen many White skater kids (Including my White nephews aka no bias) fight people, vandalize, and be overall obnoxious, yet they aren't labeled thugs.

• I really Meant no harm at all "evilpimp" lol but im not tryning to down on my race you know, its hard to focus on other races when your noticing things from your own race that makes us seem like this... i really didn't mean to come off like that..

• On the contrary white boys are always labeled for that "he might shoot up the school treat him right" all stereotypes are wrong but all people do it without even knowing

• It's probably just where you grew up. LIke biggie58 I'm black but don't act that "black", or thuggish or disrespectful... and everything else he said too. You're probably just in a area where that's how the black guys act. You gotta head to the suburbs.

• I live in the suburbs though ! Lolz

• Ah I see. Well your at the age well guys are still immature too, so that plats a big part. After a few more years they'll start to see (the smart ones) that that disrespectful/thug life stuff won't get them very far. Unfornately many of them don't figure it out =(

• I realized that thank you, maybe someone my age right now isn't what im looking for :)

• I'm black, and what sucks about this is, I don't 'act black' which has been pointed out to me many times throughout my life. I do my best to show respect, courtesy, dress appropriately and speak with intelligence. I used to get looked down upon by my own race for not embracing the appearance of 'thug life.' Absolutely ridiculous, it really disgusts me.

• I never understood the meaning of acting black... i dont think thats even possible. . just because someone is actin ghetto you kno... doesn't mean they're acting black

• It's purely a stereotype, most of the time I see black people on tv, entertainment or news, typically it's your stereotypical black male. Going back into the 80s and 90s this is mostly what we saw, even now with rap it seems we are almost expected to act or be a certain way, however the moment you don't, you're not a really 'black.'

• Culture + family upbrining. Not gonna change any time soon... takes time for stuff like that to shift.

• Cause it's what most young black females like a guy who show's off material stuff. In other words they wouldn't want the smart quiet guy

• I guess your right about that but damn lol...

• " A lot of drama
      A lot of beef
      We have so much in common, starting at the feet
      Goadome Nikes, the cortazone of the poem writer
      None like us
      So none like us
      Flyer than the rest of em.." lol wale song nike boots... he reps the dmv :p lolz

• Ok got you lol

• It honestly just might be your neighborhood/school. Some of the most sophisticated people I've met were black.

• Wish it was lol.. im talking suburbs , chick-fil-a, Starbucks, valley girls, millionaire homes type of neighborhood

• Lol that doesn't mean anything. Rich kids can lack manners just like any other child, it's all about parenting.

• You are so right :o

• It's where they live (their neighboorhood) and what they think it's cool, I'm black but inside my heart I'm a drake ass nigga, XD

• Quotes Childish Gambino... fucking joke.

• What exactly have they done that warrants the label "thug"?

• Well the past three guys i've been chillin with had a glock... but no its more of "acting" like they're about that life...

• Lol i liked how you had to break it down for me by saying "in other words" haha im 17 so i got a lot of work to do

• Lmao, no way. I'm just trying to ensure my message was clear, encouraging and honest, per usual. :-) Don't worry you'll be fine.

• Its society as a whole... Look at history, all great nations fall.

• The only Kendrick Lamar song I like is "Swimming Pool". I don't like Drake (though I liked him on Degrassi)

• *walks in gets 2 or 3 points gets out*

What Girls Said 5

• I've met hood black guys, hood white guys, hell even hood Asian guys, but never do I blame all for the actions of a few. Black men in America are more likely to be seen doing all of this because that's what the media WANTS you to see. They show you the few that are ignorant so you may think they are all that way. Please, be above the stereotypes.

• I'm not I'm not using stereotypesI'm just stating from my personal experiences, never did I say all black guys are this and that... trust me love im way above it.

• I think the types of guys you're dealing with are more due to your age. For a lot of people as they grow older, their childish arrogant ways go out the door, for people that actually mature that is.

• thats more of the American black race usually they are thuggish kinda gross... black guys from like islands and other places are more of gentleman honestly i dont even date black guys period haha

• Your right mamicita! Awwez whats your type?

• Yeah this is so true! I'm from England and here most of these stereotypes wouldn't apply. But once again not every one person of a particular race is the same.

• I'm from Spanish town, Jamaica haha I like white guys girl yaaasss lol

• I've noticed this too with most black guys. Either that or they're super quiet. Maybe it's where I live too.

There was this one and he was just so mean and loud. When I used to sit by him he would constantly harass me. :/

• Entitlement.

• Lol, never start a sentence with "I'm not racist, but..."