Can Facebook really serve as a buffer to get closer to shy guys?

He is soooo shy! He doesn't initiate anything but when I text him he is so sweet and thoughtful. We know each other from the past but recently reconnected via fb but I think he's too shy to meet in person. I hardly ever communicate with him via fb but now I'm wondering if it might help him feel more comfortable with me?

What do you think? Any thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes Facebook can, but Facebook also tends to ruin how social interaction should work. I observed on a channel once that the problem with nearly extinct species of animals, namely mammals, is that they start inbreeding and they lose their social skills because of their small numbers. My point is, Facebook tends to ruin social life by changing the whole field of contact, it also eliminates the need for behaviour and other observable markers within that framework. You can try facebook, but you also have to help him develop socially if you don't want it to become an internet relationship.

What Guys Said 4

• It could serve as a temporary bridge to get you where you want to be, but if you ever find yourself relying on Facebook to get through to him, there's a greater underlying issue that needs to be addressed openly, honestly, and face to face.

You have to make him aware of your grievances above all else. Let him know what you expect out of him and maybe he will agree to make adjustments. But to count on Facebook to be the crutch for your imbalanced relationship will not lead to any long term positives, at least in my opinion.

• Yea you need to use Facebook to find out what he likes. And maybe invite him to something he wants to go to... but with you alone. He will never forget it.
    And if he is shy... you are gonna need to intiate everything :s

Guys are just as scared as girls when it comes to rejection thus why assholes get the chicks and when guys are in their tweens they won't even pick up on the signs!

• It would work on me. Not really Facebook but an online chat in general.
    I am shy in person but online i have all the confidence i need ^^.

• It's easier to say things when typed out becauseeeee in case he needs to delete something, he thought was OK to say, he can go back and delete it before it's said. You can't do that in real life. It's not to make him sound like he's a cool cat or anything buttttt, I mean at the same time, if he's saying something that he thought was OK then realizes it wasn't, wouldn't he want the ability to delete it first? You know what I mean...

What Girls Said 0