Why does this always happen to me? Any help appreciated?

Whenever I meet a guy and it's going well, after the first meeting or texting, I start to panic. I mean really, really panic. I can feel it rising up in me and all I want to do then is end whatever is going on between me and him, just get out of it as quickly as possible. I hate it, because it ruins any chance I might have had of a relationship with the guy, which is what I wanted. But it's like as soon as it starts feeling real, I freak out! I'm only 16, but I don't want it to become a thing for the rest of my life. Does it sound like fear of commitment? Or is it just anxiety, which I have, making me panic for some reason? Any help would be really greatly appreciated.

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like a lot of normal feelings.

Will things turn out alright? What do I do next? Am I doing the right thing? Are things moving too quickly?

This will definitely not be something you deal with the rest of your life. You should just try jot down your concerns, your worries, and see if you can address each of them. At this point in your life, nothing is set in stone! It's as casual as can be.

Just remember that you're always in control, and you know what's best for you.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Are you afraid it won't last or having your heart broken?

• I don't think I am. When I start to get panicked, i hope that it won't last!

• What do you do to calm yourself when you're anxious?

• My therapist helped me write stuff down that I was worrying about, and then rewrite those things go be more realistic, and that seems to be working so far