Have you ever gone out with someone really hot but who had zero personality and sense of humor?

I went on a date with a really hot guy but he had the personality of a mop and NO sense of humor. By the end of the date, I had zero interest in him. I don't know how people can stay with someone just for their looks. I honestly didn't even want to have sex with him I was so turned off! That's why a lot of guys I really like are funny as hell and super smart. Looks take a backseat. Have you guys had this experience (I'm sure you have- lots of hot people with no substance out there!)

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah i have once... i wanted to blow my fucking brains out so bad.

What Guys Said 4

• Looks are the initial draw, but to go anywhere, there has to be a mental connection/attraction. No desire for anything with someone that didn't mentally arouse me.

• No, but I would give it shot. Why not?

My question for you, is have you ever had sex with hot guy who you knew had, " the personality of a mop and NO sense of humor?" At any time in your life. I mean you say this now, but how about at some point in the past. We as people have sex with all sorts of other people when we're young (er), we make what we later call mistakes so on and so forth. Does the importance of personality weigh more heavily as we age and gather experience?

• Of course everyone has but I think you learn as you go through these experiences. When you're young you are more idealistic and naive. The great thing about getting older is that you are wiser and not so clueless. You realize it's not about how you look it's about who you are and what you are contributing to this world. Relationships become more about substance. I thought about myself dating that guy at 23 and would have probably continued dating him until I was so bored Id have to be hospitalized- lol. Now it lasted one date.

• Thank you asker. I consider myself pretty knowledgeable in this area but I know I have plenty to learn still. Very informative and eye-opening. You just taught me a lot. Sincerely, thank you.

• It goes both ways, when I was younger I was good at making her laugh, but in the end guess my looks didn't make up for it. Later on focused on my looks but kinda forgot how to be funny and lively.

If you want to help someone out, probably should let them know so we don't continue to wander around just assuming "women are impossible to please"

Also next time, try getting him drunk, maybe you encountered his innocence and all he really needed was some liquid courage.

• I have never dated a girl like that, but I have liked a girl with no personality before. She was the new girl in school and really pretty. The more and more I got to know her, the more and more I started disliking her. She was literally a robot; no sense of humor, no personality, no anything special lol. Looks can take a backseat like you said.

What Girls Said 3

• I didn't go out with him on a date, though the other day I met this guy who was crazy sexy... though he was so silent that he was practically mute! He wouldn't make facial expressions or talk outside of a monotone voice, and even when he'd laugh at a joke or something someone said, it's be in a sort of uncaring monotone with an angsty frowning face... Kinda strange!

• Sounds like a man of mystery, I thought women liked mysterious men. Or were at least intrigued.

• I mean, I personally don't! If someone is broody and mysterious, I am actually less attracted to them, haha. Someone like this guy, who's TOO cold and mysterious, just comes off as, well... mean, uncaring, and rude. I prefer someone casual and straightforward who has more than one emotion, hahaha. If a person doesn't smile or doesn't talk, they seem uninteresting and it drives me away. Nobody likes a downer!

• I think guys that are crazy good looking feel they don't have to try so hard because of their looks. Soooo not true. They are nice eye candy but that's it...

• I have had the opposite. Ugly guy ask me on a date. Had an AMAZING personality. I fell in love with him. Then starting finding him hot. We dated. Amazing relationship.

• Lol! Yes, that happens to me frequently, I love it! And yes, you do start to find them hot. Kindness and a great personality is very sexy:)

why didn't you bang him and leave him? lol .

so the ugly fucker got laid. I understand why an "amazing " personality is important, and cool that would make you be around them, but I do not get why that would make you wanna go to bed or let him take you bed, I am assuming that since you have an amizing relationship

• Yep, and it was strange. Objectively he looked really attractive, classic good looks, but everything he said - I just felt no sexual attraction to him. I thought it was strange because normally even if someone isn't relationship material you might still want to have sex with them, but with this guy I didn't want even that.

• I'm curious, would you stick to your story if you'd had a few drinks and really needed to get laid?

• Yeah. Just the stuff he was saying... there's no way anything was going to happen unless I was completely out of it or something. There are other guys.