I dont want to ruin our friendship but I really like him. And I think he likes me. We've only been friends for a year. Should I ask him out or what?
- Yes78% (29)84% (21)81% (50)Vote
- No22% (8)16% (4)19% (12)Vote
Most Helpful Girl
It's totally fine if you want to ask him out, but you have to realize and accept a couple of things:
1. The mere fact that you want to date him (meaning you have a crush on him), means that he's not simply a friend to you anymore but more than that. Even if you don't ask him out, your friendship as it used to be, is over already. That doesn't mean the friendship is over, it's just not as used to be. You feel differently about him. Things are changing.
2. Before you decide to ask him out, be aware of the possibility of him rejecting and not reciprocating your feelings. And in that case, your friendship as it used to be will change even more severely and might possibly even end, in a worst case scenario.
3. In case you ask him out and he agrees and actually feels the same way about you, your friendship as it used to be will change drastically as well, as it will simply not be a simple friendship anymore, for obvious reasons.
4. If you get to date and it eventually does not work out, then it might be very tough, and possibly even impossible, to get back to a normal friendship.
It's okay if you want to ask him out, but keep those things in mind to avoid being hurt by things you didn't expect.1
- Show AllShow Less