How patient should I be with my girlfriend, I hardly ever see her?

It is an amazing connection we have. There are times when she cries when we are together. It feels soo right and like I have known her forever. She has come out of an ugly divorce and is suffering the consequences at present. She has the two teenage kids, the house, her new job and studies going on in her life. Next are her long time friends then it's ME! I can appreciate her situation and wouldn't waste my time if I didn't think there was something there. Her schedule is chaotic. What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

• you're obviously doing something right if she still has time for you, even after all that she's dealing with. but be patient with her, let her know you're always there for her when she needs you and that she can rely on you. when she's ready it will most definitely be worth the wait for you.

• I feel she wants me and that I am the one. I must reassure her of my intentions at the right time for both of us. She is very vulnerable indeed and deserves to be loved. What would be the best way of reassuring her and letting her know I will always be there for her?

• thanks :)

• I am going to have to wait another year until she finishes her studies. It won't be worth her getting distracted with me at the moment. I don't actually mind. She is basically too busy and I don't wanna rock the boat. I don't know how to tell you but I just see more and more obstacles getting in the way. I don't believe she has got over her divorce yet. I know if I do stay loyal to her and wait it will be worth the wait. The bottom line is the feeling we have together is too strong.

What Girls Said 1

• I think you are doing the right thing. Right now she just needs time to heal and the best thing for you to do is be there for her and listen to her. If you feel that what you are doing is right don't back down now. Only a matter of time before things will get better if you really and truly care about her as much as you say.

• After her divorce nonsense she doesn't really trust any guys at all. I feel that this is a weakness that I will have difficulty in nullyfying. I am younger than her and she knows many girls like me. She knows me to a certain extent but I fell her pain in not being able to trust after what she went through. I can see this creating problems in the relationship. I am cool about that, but wonder if this may push her away from wanting a truly loving relationship, because that is what I want from her.

• You just got to prove to her that not all guys are jerks, not all guys will leave or hurt her. Be there for her, do sweet things for her; buy her flowers, take her on a date, go for a walk along the beach, etc. Yet it is not fair to you that she is... not completely 'trusting' (maybe thats not the right word) of a new relationship that has the possiblity of being successful. But then again it is totally understandable where she is coming from, you need to tell her that you do understand that.

What Guys Said 2

• Be patient. It is hard to deal with all those things going on at once. I am sure she is confused and stressed. Aplying more stress or confussion to her life would not help things at all. If you really want to be with her than be patient and she will see how mch she can't do without you. Just let things flow at her pace for now.

• Not much you can do. You can't force someone to give you more time if they don't have it. It all depends on how satisfied you are with the relationship.