What does it mean to want to settle down in terms of dating and relationships? is it the same as looking to get married, for husband/wife material?

instead of boyfriend/girlfriend material? what does settling down mean? or did i answer my own question already in the title? as in looking for someone to get married with, looking for someone who is husband/wife material instead of boyfriend/husband material?

Updates:
anyone else care to explain?

0|0
5|1

Most Helpful Girl

• It means that someone wants to exit the single life for good and settle down with someone. Typically it means marriage, but it could also mean serious/committed cohabitation as well.

Usually it means that a man/woman wants to start a family soon, or get more stability/security out of their romantic relationships.

Everyone doesn't want to have children when they settle down, and everyone doesn't want to get married either. Some people just want to have a partner/companion by their side.

Now this doesn't particularly mean monogamy either (for non-monogamous people), It simply means they want a stable partner for a longer duration in their life.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• "Settling down" always seemed to mean to stop doing the things you would do as a bachelor that include dating and fratboy partying with guy friends. Gone are the days where you scope out chicks to score or wake up with your face drawn on. It just means you've settled down from that.

Not to say you can't have fun by going out with friends, taking a guy's night out or going to football games and that sort of thing, guys shouldn't be thinking their freedoms are all cut because they're with someone now. But likely living with a woman or marrying her is the intention where you do things now as an adult and responsibly, considering her feelings and not just your own anymore. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • They probably just mean spending more quality time with one person rather than hoping from bed to bed. It could be looking for more husband and wife material but not necessarily

1|0
    0|0
  • They are looking for a serious relationship. They don't want to just fool around anymore. If you really like her than go for it, but if you are only in it for the physical part or you can't imagine it going anywhere, than this is probably not the relationship for you, otherwise, people will get hurt.

0|1
    0|0
  • i think looking to get married

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

• this i really wonder as well

0|0
    0|0