AGE Difference, good or bad?

Ok I met this guy who is 25 through my friend. And remember I'm 19. It just started off like hey let's just hang out than he made the first move on like the second night of seeing each other and every since than we have been seeing each other kinda often. I asked him about the difference and he said it just sucks that I can't go out and do the same things as him. But I'm starting to think that he is feeling more and I'm not sure if wants to feel it or not. But is that a good or bad thing. I mean there is like 5-6 years difference between us? Now I always dated older guys but not this old but I think of it as it's just a number and if there are feelings there then its ok and go for it

Most Helpful Guy

• You are right for the most part. Age is just a number, maturity is another thing. I've met 18 year old gals that were on par maturity wise with 40 year olds. We are all different in this category.

Dating someone who is 6 years older isn't really a major deal. Yea, you can't go drinking with him (legally anyways) or go to most clubs. So what? There are billions of other activities you can partake in. In my experience dating older can be a blast. I have dated numerous women who are older, almost 20 years my senior. It boils down to character compatibility. Your persona might just click well with older men. Nothing new there honestly.

If you like the guy and he likes you. Then who cares. You are an adult and free to make your own decisions. If the relationship makes you happy then go for it.

What Guys Said 3

• I'd say hang out more and find things you two like to do together, it doesn't have to be like going to the bar. If you can have fun doing that, hanging out and having fun, go for it. If that seems like a problem, like someone is missing out or something, let it be.

• It's fine to go out with him! He's good to you, isn't he? Then don't feel bad about it.

So you can't drink in public with him, but that's not that big of a deal. You guys can have a good relationship if the two of you just let it. Have a good time!

• Dating someone older is fine. UNLESS they're ready to "settle down" - with you! - and you're not, because you're younger and you still need to make a life for yourself before that kind of commitment.

What Girls Said 2

• As long as you are looking for the same kind of relationship, I'd go for it! You're old enough to make your own decisions about who you want to date, what age gaps are acceptable for you. My best friend is 20, her boyfriend is almost 28, and they're both wanting the same kind of relationship at this stage in their lives, so it works really well for them.

But if he's searching for a marriage partner and you still want to live the single life for a while (single in the sense of unmarried, not unattached), then you're best off not even starting.

• I just got out of a relationship in the beginning I was 19 he was 23. Age doesn't matter. What matter is your heart and not his dick. Lol sorry. But get to know him. Don't put your heart on the line just let. Take some serious alone time talk and most of important. Have some fun!